New (to me) Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jedgerton

Folks,

I took the plunge and bought a rather large bandsaw. Its a Grizzly G1073 16" 2HP model and if weight is any measure of quality, it should be fantastic.

Does anyone have experience with this model? I'm looking for any comments, pro or con. It was a Craigslist item so I had to take it or pass.

Compared to my tiny 10" Craftsman saw, this tool is a brute.

Thoughts, comments and recommendations with this machine would be much appreciated.

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Heck in my book you can't go wrong with Grizzly bandsaws. We have one that's just over a year old and have never had the first minutes trouble out of it.

Damocles

Generally, when you get past that 14" plateau for BS's, you are getting serious. If you are getting a good deal, then snap it up and brag for weeks!

jedgerton

I think it was a good deal, the price was $350.00. I think if I was buying it by the pound that would have been pretty cheap.

John

Tn-Steve

And all you have to do is order a can of "New Tool Smell" and it will be just like having a new one.

Seriously I am impressed. I'm thinking that this summer I might just take a drive up to Springfield MO with the trailer (which WILL be done by then), and pack it as full of stuff as my credit limit will allow. (How many tools CAN you get for $126.43 ?)

Way to go...

Steve W

Top Bottom