New to here but not "new" to turning.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tablesawed

Hi, I am an intermediate pen turner, and sadly after my kidneys failed and my wife decided not to be my wife anymore I had to leave the majority of my tools in Oregon. With my son, who probably won't use them. Now I am in Leander Texas. I really miss my lathe, and my drill press and my dog. So I get to start over from scratch! which is daunting but at least I know what I want this time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Chris

sorry to hear you've had a rough time. However now you know what you want to do and you've found a real community here to encourage you. Maybe join the AAW there's bound to be a local chapter and that can help make life fun again ?

Anyway, stay well and keep turning

Oops and. before I forget Greetings and welcome from the UK

Alan Morrison

Chris, no-one ever said that life was going to be easy, but I hope that this next chapter will bring you something good.
You will make friends in your new situation, here on this forum, and in your everyday life.
Woodturning is a great therapy (as you know) and I trust that it brings you joy.
Take care, Chris, and as Ian suggests, there may be a turners club nearby which you can join.
Alan

Tablesawed

Chris, no-one ever said that life was going to be easy, but I hope that this next chapter will bring you something good.
You will make friends in your new situation, here on this forum, and in your everyday life.
Woodturning is a great therapy (as you know) and I trust that it brings you joy.
Take care, Chris, and as Ian suggests, there may be a turners club nearby which you can join.
Alan
Thanks Alan!

Lmstretch

Welcome from FL.
Sorry to hear about all your troubles.
I wish you luck in getting back into turning and making pen.
in my opinion, it's great therapy.
I know when I am feeling down, I work on some pens and everything is back where it should be.

Tablesawed

Welcome Chris.... this is a great way to relax and some fantastic folks here. I think I see a new country song in your story!
How about a metal ballad, Cuz CASH died and that the only county I'll listen to.lol I Do relax woodturning and it's something I can do, relatively well, so there is that!

cdwrrtx

Howdy, neighbor. I am in Round Rock. Work has been keeping me away from my lathe, but got out there today and it felt good. Had some gliches and was reminded to just take it slow and good things will happen.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Hello and Welcome to our home. We have many ideas and Downloadable PDF tutorials for your review.

Here's an Introductory Document for Reference.

Take a look at our "General Announcements" on the Home Page.

Here is a direct link to the Library of Tutorials Menu.

Here's a list of World Wide Pen Suppliers.

Let me know if you find any others.

Have Fun!

Top Bottom