New shop buddy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

After 3 months of looking, my wife & I finally found a friend for our Lab.
He's been mourning since our Chessie passed away.

His name is Zack. He's a 4 year old rescue. Mixed terrier, very shy right now.
I think he has the makings of a great shop buddy, once we get him accustomed to life here.
My Lab has made over him already, but we are keeping them separated until they get used to each other. This makes my 4th rescue dog so far.

Here's some pics of him. Oh yeah, he only weighs 20 lbs.
https://www.workshopaddict.com/forum/off-topic/8046-new-shop-buddy.html

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregory Hardy

Give him a bed in the shop. (Comfort mat - the spongy rub ones.) Let "no one else" (meaning "the other dog") on it. Lay down on his "shop bed" so he sees, and you will have a "shop buddy" for life. Thank you for taking one of the "kids no one else wants." HE NEEDS A DUST MASK. :)

Gregory Hardy

Awww...I wrote and then looked at the pix. Beautiful, beautiful dog. Your wife needs a chair in the shop. She sits. He gets her lap. No mat needed. Just a muzzle, for her, not the new shop buddy. ("Sorry, dear...You are sweet, but I need a few minutes in my shop with a dog.") Good luck, brother!

fernhills

I got a new shop buddy to. I can't let him in the shop though, he would chew up every piece of wood i have. He is only 9 months old, he so bad that i could squeeze him to death, he so cute, funny. tricks us into playing catch me games if you can. Then when he tires out he just cuddles up to you and falls asleep. good luck with your new buddy, he looks beautiful. Carl

Herb G

Here's an update on Zack, my new shop buddy.

He's starting to fit in here. He's still very timid, but after 3 months, he's starting to come around & tries to play with my Lab. He goes out on his leash and my wife lets him run in our backyard, as long as she's out there with him.
I have some more pics, and now that I know how to upload them here, I thought I'd put some up.

The lady is a volunteer at the shelter we got him from. Zack was happy to see her again. We think she's the person he bonded with the most while he was there. The last pic shows her staying out of the way of his waggy tail. We took him back for a visit so they could see how much he's come along since we got him.

As always, thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Zack05.jpg
    Zack05.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Zack06.jpg
    Zack06.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Zack04.jpg
    Zack04.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Herb G

Nice, I bet she was happy to see him

They were both happy to see each other. That lady was tickled pink to see how Zack has come along.
Zack was in that shelter for 5 months before we got him. Thankfully he was in a no-kill shelter.

If you want a great dog, it's hard to beat a rescue. All 4 of the ones I've had knew they got a second chance at a good life.
(Of course, we spoil our pets rotten.)

Thanks for the kind words, Gimpy. We appreciate it.
:)

Top Bottom