New Red Jasper pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Hi all-
This is my first pen photo post. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks!

John

tn_Red%20Jasper%20Pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Beautiful pen. Some comments about the pic...
cap - you might turn it a little so we can see more of the material. As it is, the clip hides a lot of the cap
nib/bottom half - might want to change the angle so the pen moves the viewer's eye from bottom left to top right (the way we read and look at paintings/pictures). The nib is out of focus and having it pointed directly at the viewer gives the photo an aggressive feel.

Not a big fan of the cell phone as prop, but that's probably just me.

Again, beautiful pen. What's the material?

ahoiberg

john, great looking pen. nice inlay work and i like the shape. i'd echo brian's comments on the picture... is the cell phone to give it a modern feel or was that the first thing you found to hold the pen up?

Fritz

Thanks for the comments!
The blank is Red Jasper Tru-Stone from CSUSA. The inlay is Argentiumâ"¢ sterling silver. It does not tarnish easily. The cell phone as a prop was handy at the time. I approached this photo as more of an art image. The nib is too "fuzzy" so I think I'll adjust the camera aperture on the next shot to bring more of the pen into focus.
John

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Fritz,

Because of the "bulge" shape in the cap, it would be interesting to see the pen closed (as well as open).

Like the look, but wonder what two bulges will look like, when closed![:D][:D]

Rifleman1776

Looks fine except I don't personally care for the treatment of the blank near the nib end. It bulges then abruptly comes back to 'almost' fitting size but is actually a bit proud. I'm wondering how that bulgy part might feel in the hand.

alamocdc

John, I really like the look of the red jasper. Even more, I like the shape and segmentation of the pen. Very well done! But I'll agree with Ed here ([:0] and this doesn't happen often), I'd like to see the pen closed.[^]

mb757

I like the pen and the photography. I would like to get into a pen with better hardware myself. Where did you get the hardware for the pen, if you don't mind? Thanks Mark.

Fritz

The kit is a Jr. Statesman/Black Titanium from CSUSA. The silver comes from G&S gold in Ann Arbor,MI

I've tried different "bulge" placements and this one seems to be selling. I know it may not look comfortable to write with but it feels good. I'm not married to the shape. I'll try to get a pic of the pen closed. The top (clip) looks like a nose w/eyes... [:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the "closed" shot.

Don't have a strong opinion, either way - it IS different.

Material looks good with the kit selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom