new puppy/family member

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

The boy got a new pup today, Grandpa fixed him up.
He's as proud as I've ever seen him, and his sister likes the new pup also.:)
She's a Border Collie 8 weeks old,and is the best natured pup I've ever seen.
Jr can't make up his mind on a name, so I told him I'd show her off to a great group, and maybe you all can help him find a name for the little girl.:wink:

Here's some pics;
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 361

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I get first try!! Woody! Oops saw the him, refering to the kid not the dog, so.......... woodette? ya kinda lame huh?

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Tha dog is really cute, but the first name that comes to mind is Skunk due to the coloring.

hewunch

we had a black and white dog we named Oreo. He was hyper and we vowed never to name another dog after a sugary product. Our next black and white dog was named Lucy.

African Blackwood often has almost white sap. You could pull one of the latin names for it.

great12b4ever

LOML and I had picked a name for a female Basset hound we thought we were going to get, but ended up with two males instead (Harley and Hondo). They are now 14 weeks and about 20 pounds of trouble each.

Anyway, the name we picked was "Bella."

johnnycnc

we had a black and white dog we named Oreo. He was hyper and we vowed never to name another dog after a sugary product. Our next black and white dog was named Lucy.

African Blackwood often has almost white sap. You could pull one of the latin names for it.

That's too good, Hans.:biggrin: :biggrin:

OKLAHOMAN

Now thats a name we all (I):wink: could live with.

LOML and I had picked a name for a female Basset hound we thought we were going to get, but ended up with two males instead (Harley and Hondo). They are now 14 weeks and about 20 pounds of trouble each.

Anyway, the name we picked was "Bella."[/quote]

johnnycnc

Anyway, the name we picked was "Bella."
Rob, I'd imagine you have your hands full there, with two youngsters!:)
Thanks for the suggestion.

mickr

cute pup..will need something to herd..keep you in line? HA have 4 rescued critters, and can't live without them..good luck with the pup...

randyrls

That is neat! I have heard they make quite good pets.
Stink gland removed?:)

A friend of mine had a pet skunk found as an orphan. Very friendly, and not de-scented, but never sprayed anyone.

He trained the skunk (name forgotten) to use a litter box, but had to cut down one side. Skunks can't jump! and have short legs.

ngeb528

You said she has the best disposition and she seems to have a heart shaped spot on her forehead so how about Sweetheart?

KenV

Good Job Grandpa -- you are doing good gramps work!!!

I look at the pictures and think "Nifty" as describing the situation. But the boy needs to have the feel of the naming, because in the naming, there comes the sense of responsibility that you are probably seeking to culture.

By the way, good choice of breed -- have not had them in our family (Lab and Lab mixes were our rescue opportunity) but have never seen any border collies that were less than prime additions to families. Smartest member of a few of those families was the border collie....

LizardSpit

My daughter named her first dog "Cabbage" . Maybe you do not need my help ;-)

Nice dog - how about Bonita ("pretty" in spanish)

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I like the name Chiff. Since she is a she...full name could be Mrs. Chiff......

Still like Penelope though, and that was the first thing that came to mind.....

talbot

Hi John,
Have a look at a map of English /Scottish border towns and villages, you may get some ideas and of course it relates to the breed.
Once heard the name 'Greta' for a dog which I thought was nice.
regards, Bill

jkeithrussell

Very cool. We've had 3 border collies over the years. They have all been great dogs. Just make sure that the pup gets plenty of exercise. Border collies get destructive and nervous if they aren't walked. I used to play fetch with mine with a tennis ball nearly every day. That way, the dog gets exercise but you can sit in an easy chair.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I think she looks like a Sierra, but then again I have been know to name my dogs things like Alpha, Bravo Charlie, Delta, Echo and so on. Cute puppy, too bad they don't stay like that and thank god they don't stay like that.

Top Bottom