New pine cone shaving brush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

I've been making quite a few shaving kits. This is the latest brush. The brush is from CCUSA in their new gunmetal finish. The blank is a collaboration with Marko50. I stabilized the mini pine cones in cactus juice, then Mark cast them into the blank you see. I'm pleased with the pairing of the gunmetal with this particular blank. Now I can't wait to get the blanks for the razor handle and stand.

I'm posting 4 shots of the same brush so that you can see the colors and patterns in the blank. As usual, Mark outdid himself on the blank.

C & C always welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• brush 1.jpeg
    brush 1.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 316
  • brush 2.jpeg
    brush 2.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 318
  • brush 3.jpeg
    brush 3.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 236
  • brush 4.jpeg
    brush 4.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 257
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Not weird at all !!! .... just gorgeous !!!!
That's kind of what I meant, it really looks like it should be a shaving brush. I don't think that blank would look as great on any else as it does on this brush. Talk about a perfect match, that's the weird part. That blank looks like it was made for That Brush.:)
Curt

Sabaharr

Stunning is the word that comes to my mind. Now where do I find these mini pine cones. All of them around here range in size from softballs to Nerf Football size.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I've been making quite a few shaving kits. This is the latest brush. The brush is from CCUSA in their new gunmetal finish. The blank is a collaboration with Marko50. I stabilized the mini pine cones in cactus juice, then Mark cast them into the blank you see. I'm pleased with the pairing of the gunmetal with this particular blank. Now I can't wait to get the blanks for the razor handle and stand.

I'm posting 4 shots of the same brush so that you can see the colors and patterns in the blank. As usual, Mark outdid himself on the blank.

C & C always welcome and appreciated.
Great job. I really like that pen blank. If you look at the second view, it almost looks like a jungle cat is looking at you. Neat.

elkhorn

Curt, glad you explained the "weird" thing:)

Mal, thanks for helping Curt out and thanks for the compliment:big grin:

Stephen, thank you, but I think you're too close to Texas, bragging about the size of your pine cones:wink: (that's okay, I used to live in Lake Charles). Thanks for the comments.

Ernie, thank you very much:biggrin:

CREID

Curt, glad you explained the "weird" thing:)

Mal, thanks for helping Curt out and thanks for the compliment:big grin:

Stephen, thank you, but I think you're too close to Texas, bragging about the size of your pine cones:wink: (that's okay, I used to live in Lake Charles). Thanks for the comments.

Ernie, thank you very much:biggrin:
I guess I should have been more clear in my first post.
Curt

elkhorn

You're fine, Curt. Half the fun of these forums is teasing each other. No one took any offense:big grin:

Have a good day!

Marko50

SWEET!

WOW JOHN! Geezo-Peezo those turned out nice!

I can tell you a bit of a secret about how those pine cones show so well...rather than putting them in the mold whole, I take care to cut each cone at a slightly different angle (with my band saw) and then arrange them in the mold so that each cone is turned at a separate angle than the next one. That way when you turn it, you should get a different/angle look at each little pine cone! ...A strategy that seems to work fairly well! It also allows me to really pack in a lot of cones, close to 15-20+ in one double blank.

Great job on the turnings! Congrats!:) I'll be sure to make the next set of blanks as close to those colors as possible. Good thing I record my "recipes"!

Mark

elkhorn

Thanks, Mark, I appreciate it. I also didn't realize how much work you put into the blank by cutting each pine cone. I hope I did it justice.

Waggoner

The blank is absolutely amazing. Great work on the brush. I would love to have a few blanks like this one. Truly one of a kind. Again great work.

elkhorn

Thanks, Waggoner! it is a beautiful blank and Marko50 did a fantastic job on casting it. Still waiting for my razor and stand blanks to match:biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom