New pet new project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spitfire

spitfire

So my 2.5 y/o daughter wanted to get a kitten to go along with our crazy puggle so......I didn't want the kitten to scratch up our new couch. I checked out some cat towers/scratch post at the pet stores and those things are expensive so I made this one. Only cost my 8 bucks for the cardboard tube everything else I had laying around.
catscratch.jpg

and a picture of the wild ones
DSCN2561.jpg

workinforwood

Being that I work for the 3rd largest pet supplier in the country, I've delivered a boat load <litterally>, of cat condo's. They are poorly constructed and cost an arm and 4 legs to buy. Just a cardboard tube or several, some scrap chip board, carpet remenants and a ton of staples. Those one's we deliver can make you bleed thanks to all the staples. You can build one of those for free with just a visit to the dumpster behind the carpet store. We have one's that are darn near a thousand dollars! Your's looks just as good as the $200 ones and appears more structurally sound. Congrats to you! I don't know why people buy these condo's, but even worse is the people that buy pet strollers and gravel. How about let the darn dog walk, that's why he has four legs, and when I was a kid, I just went to the beach and scooped up some gravel. Oh...how about some gourmet 4 course microwavable pet dinners, lol. Seen it all, I best stop now.

Top Bottom