New Pen Style Lineup

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from aggromere

aggromere

Here I ago again bugging everyone. Here is a picture of my contemplated new pen style lineup and I've tried some new kits which I have not made before the last few weeks.

Also, a picture posted of a side by side of the Jr. Gent Ballpoint with a Cigar Pen.

I went for a naming theme using cigar terminology.

el Lector: the reader that reads newspapers and such to rollers while they are working

Torcedor: Cigar roller

Chaveta: A knife used by a cigar roller

Ligador: the master blender of the tobaccos. the top guy.

As always I am looking for feedback as to what you think of the way the kits turned out and what a good price point would be.

My contemplated prices are:

Replica pens: $139.95, plain end, $149.95 torpedo end

El Lector (cigar kits/ultras, etc.) $49.95 to $69.95
Torcedor (Electra kits) $74.95 to $89.95
Chaveta: (psi vertex mag & Zen) $64.95 to $79.95
Ligador: (jr gent ballpoint) $89.95 to $119.95

Price variation is a function of segmenting work and plating, materials, etc. I kind of think maybe I should reduce the prices on the psi and the zen and increase the price on the cigar kits, since they take longer to make. What do you guys think? Although I did not list or display them in order, the pens would be:

Replica Pens: Custom Made
El Lector: Entry Level pen
Chaveta: Two piece entry level
Torcedor: Upgraded two piece kit
Ligador: Upgraded one piece (top of the line)

Again, I appreciate any feed back on how they look, comments on the kits if you have made them or sold them, how do they stand up, etc., and if you think the prices are reasonable. Thanks. Now i gotta go get ready for trick or treators.

Attachments

• asdaswww.jpg
    asdaswww.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 368
  • fdgdf.jpg
    fdgdf.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 543
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MatthewZS

I like that alot, the naming scheme. I think it works really well, and the pens are beautiful. Makes me wanna kick back with a notebook and a nice Cohiba.

Now all you need is a source for cigar scented ink:)

aggromere

I just use labels i have been saving over the years. Almost all the cigar stores I frequent have a big jar they put labels in and give them to me. I do purchase lots of vintage or antique cigar bands from time to time hoping to find some treasure. The two Prima Lucia labels are examples of bands from pre 1950 or so.. I just glue the bands on, but am very careful at it.

Also, I'm interested in what you think about the prices. Too high? too low? Just right?

johnnycnc

Great looking lineup, I like the concept!
I'd stay away from pregnant looking barrels, most cigars I see are at least fairly cylindrical.
Prices seem reasonable, but I'm not a guru on that :)
Cool naming concept.

Parson

The manager of the high end cigar bar here in Houston said his clients routinely spend $75 and up on a cigar and a short glass of single malt scotch or brandy, so they'd pay double that for a cigar band pen if it was made from quality materials (titanium fountains, etc.). He said they're always showing off their new Rolex watches and $800 limited edition Montblancs, so my cigar band pens would be a "cheap" novelty at a couple of hundred bucks and he'd be happy to put my pens in his cigar cases for 40% of the sale price in consignment fees.

aggromere

Parson, you make some fantastic pens. If you like hanging in cigar stores it is a good market. I'm only in one store that caters to the wealthy so I gotta keep my prices in the $50 to $150 range. But you are right. I myself own several lighters I paid $100.00 for as well as fancy cigar cutters and a variety of humidors. I work off of a 20 to 25 percent to the merchant spread. Keep me posted. I would be glad to share ideas with you.

MatthewZS

Also, I'm interested in what you think about the prices. Too high? too low? Just right?

No, I think the price is just right, had I the money I'd put down hard cash on any of them just as they are. And I konw the sort of crowd you're talking about. Lighting 50-75 dollars on fire is a good time for them, so NOT lighting it on fire is even better in this case:) Ok, that made a weird kind of sense. I think? Didn't it?

You should look at selling these in those glass or metal vials with the cork in it and the thin sheet of spanish cedar or whatever. Really hook the hardcore cigar afficianados.

Top Bottom