New Pen & Pencil Set From PSI -Gatsby/Sierra Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

I just received my PSI catalog and noticed a new and innovative idea that I've come to expect from PSI engineers. They have cloned Berea's Sierra kit which is nothing new as they are master cloners...some have a less charitable term!!:D

However what is really cool is they now have a matching button click pencil to go along with the Gatsby pen!! As usual, their catalog description leaves something to be desired and they don't say if the pencil takes 0.5 or 0.7mm lead. Most if not all of the other PSI pencil kits use the 0.7mm lead. I called the PSI CS people and could not get an answer. They referred me to the technical services people who aren't available until Monday.

I have made Sierra pen and pencil twist sets by using the Schmidt pencil cartridge from Berea(the Mudder conversion); but I personally have a strong preference for click rather than twist designs. I'm betting a lot of people will be interested in this new combination. They even have the kits in platinum and Gold T/N!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
That is interesting! I've yet to make my first pencil, because I was kinda disgusted with the twist's method of loading new lead. Hopefully the click stuff will allow you to not have to manually load the lead in from the nib end every time. Good heads up! :)

tmhawk

I made a Slim Line pencil, just as a test. I really works very well, my challenge is to use less pressure on the lead than I would on a pen. I continue to learn to do this and I really like it. I made it because my son and my brother are both illustrators and I wanted to give them a pencil. The design of the one I made as a test leaves a LOT to be desired (it was a test). I find the mechanism to be quite good. I like making unusual Slim Lines, such as the Russ Slim Line etc. It's a good pencil. I'm going to get the Artist Sketch Pencil next, I think they would really like something like that. My brother does cartoons on the internet (he's a motorcycle crazy) and they are all hand drawn then scanned in so a pencil might be just the ticket for him.

Jarheaded

I ordered several of the kits and hopefully they will make it in before the end of the school year. Thanks for posting about them Randy, I like making sets, but haven't found too many that worked well together. I am waiting for my catalog so I can see what they look like at least. They weren't shown on the website when I looked.

Top Bottom