New Pen Ideas - photo heavy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

It's been ages since I've posted on here. Life is interesting. I am now an "empty-nester" and finding some time to be creative.

Idea 1 - I have wanted to do a type of desk set pen like the vintage Sheaffer fountain pen white dot sets. This is all a work in progress. I'm working on a round base - but for now I have used a piece of Koa and I have room on the front for an engraved gold plate to be attached. might get an engraving on the top of the base as well. I am happy with the fluted part of the cap - although it needs to be shortened a bit. And I like the gold rim on the rollerball cap - a new addition for me which I will be doing often.

Idea 2 - Use the desk set idea in combination with cigar boxes. This one is not the greatest match - but I can keep note paper or cards inside the cigar box. The body screws into the cap of this one, so the lid can be opened without dislodging the pen.

The third pen is made of spalted myrtle from an Oregon trip. Enjoy. Feeback always welcome.

No CigarIllusion™ pens on this post : )

Attachments

• Martinpens07.jpg
    Martinpens07.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 308
  • Martinpens06.jpg
    Martinpens06.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 309
  • Martinpens09.jpg
    Martinpens09.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Martinpens08.jpg
    Martinpens08.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 307
  • Martinpens04.jpg
    Martinpens04.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 326
  • Martinpens03.jpg
    Martinpens03.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Martinpens02.jpg
    Martinpens02.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Martinpens01.jpg
    Martinpens01.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice - I like the cigar box (with note pads inside - great idea!) the best. Only thing I'd change is the screw cap part. Yes, I'm thinking it does need to stay connected when the lid is raised. Any way it could be a press/click? And I like the contrast between the box and the pen. Different woods is definitely not an issue in my mind.

Last edited:

yaroslaw

I love the third pen!

And cigar box pen is a great idea! Especially given that I'm making now 30 pens with Davidoff engraving (for the company, of course:)

Top Bottom