New Pen Displays

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OldWrangler

OldWrangler

A couple of my retailers mentioned that they would like a better display for my pens than the racks I have been giving them. So I looked through the little log pile and found some piece of wood to make backs from. Just something different. The holes for the nibs were drilled with a step taper bit so they fit real good. First retailer said they were better than he expected. I'll get the rest of them out this week. Let me know what you think...

Attachments

• pen display1.jpg
    pen display1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 438
  • pen display 2.jpg
    pen display 2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 346
  • pen display 3.jpg
    pen display 3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 346
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A couple of my retailers mentioned that they would like a better display for my pens than the racks I have been giving them. So I looked through the little log pile and found some piece of wood to make backs from. Just something different. The holes for the nibs were drilled with a step taper bit so they fit real good. First retailer said they were better than he expected. I'll get the rest of them out this week. Let me know what you think...
Hi George; They look awesome. I must go looking for some firewood.

Kindly tell me the size of the step taper bit you used.

woody350ep

I was thinking of making some things almost EXACTLY like that for when I start shows. Look good, better than mine will I'm sure.

Tree Frog

Gooday George,
Like the idea of the stands a lot, but your pens blew me away, so to speak. The colour and pattern variety is magic. Now there is an aspirational target if every I saw one, or twelve. Do you do all of the segments youself or are those available somewhere in the states. I assume the former. If so, I'd love to understand how you go about creating the blanks. I've discovered dymondwood from another thread on the forum, but yours look much more extraordinary. So now my thoughts about what is possible have been hugely expanded again. I've only been in the group 2 days, and my wallet is about to suffer for dymondwood and I have to get my head around how to attempt something as colourful and outstanding as your samples. This is exciting. I'm sure it will mean some more tools somewhere along the line as well.
Thanks for your post and the pics

Greg

tim self

For my first desk set I made something simuliar. Of couse, no pic, didn't happen but it's sold anyway. It makes a very "rustic" display. I will make them like this again.

Gagler

Those look great and, like others, it looks like I need to build one for mine vs. the made in China stuff I have. Someone else asked what bit size so I'll wait for that, but what type of finish did you use as it looks like from the picture it really shines.

Also, those are some nice looking pens!

Top Bottom