New pen Comments.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tetrault

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetrault

tn_pens%20008.jpg

Comments? Buckeye Burl From BB, gold cigar, turquoise trim. BLO/CA finish and buffed with white diamond.

Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Since you asked I like the overall pen but the shape of the barrels looks a little off to me especailly the bottom. It may be the photo or possibly you were going for a different shape.
On the lower barrell it seems to go down then back up kind of forming 3 mountains. If it was something you were doing on purpose I would guess that you would need to define the shapes more. On the top barrell it looks pretty good but you seem to come out of you curve to early so that it is pretty flat going down to the end cap.

I know all of this seems kind of picky and alot of this is totally subjective. I do not mean to sound negative since the overall pen does look nice. I really like the turquoise accent band that you added.

GBusardo

I like the turquoise accent band as well. The shape of the pen is very subjective. If its an oops (which I have many) don't admit to it [:)] If you or your customer is happy with it, thats a cool thing. Oh, you can admit your oops here, if you want. I haven't seen a mean spirited thing in there yet!!!

Dario

As noted above...but looks like the shape is intentional.

One thing that I noticed is that the (upper barrel and lower barrel) wood doesn't look matched.

Nice fit and finish.

tetrault

The shape is intentional as the finger swell feels good and balances well.

The blanks are not matched they are two small samples from BB.

Tnx for your thoughts.[:D]

Thumbs

I like the shape! Many people seem to like a pen with shape! Especially after they try writing with them and find the super slick surfaces we try to achieve tend to slide through their fingers. Then again many others find a bushing to bushing shape more pleasing to the eye and would rather have that. Just a matter of personal taste, I guess, but when people "pick up" a shaped pen they tend to like them. FWIW......[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom