New MicroLux 7x16 Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

My new lathe came in today and I am looking forward to unpacking and getting everything assembled over the next few days. It was wall packaged and came in two boxes.

I plan to do a full product review on this lathe as I did on my Delta 46-460. It will take a little time since an am very new to the metal lathe and all its operations. As I do the review, I will take pictures all along the way, and some video if I can.

I need some input or suggestions. Are there any specific questions or requests I can try to answer as I go about building the review? I will do what I can to include all the information I can.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

Got the lathe in, unpacked and now it is set up. Had a little trouble with the instructions, did a break in run per the instructions. Everything seems good.

My lathe starter set, tools etc. was back ordered the day after I placed my order. It was supposed to be in by now, checked today and now it will be another 30 days! *#&%#. New toy and can't give it a try. No matter, still in the big learning curve and i need to order some metal stock to practice with.

Looks like it will be a bit longer before I can start on the review.

More time to get workshop ready and finish honey do list so you can have time to play when it does arrive!

Gilrock

I plan to do a full product review on this lathe ...... It will take a little time since an am very new to the metal lathe and all its operations...

I think you would have needed to have experience with several metal lathes to be able to give a meaningful review.

Curly

I plan to do a full product review on this lathe ...... It will take a little time since an am very new to the metal lathe and all its operations...

I think you would have needed to have experience with several metal lathes to be able to give a meaningful review.

Not necessarily. True he can't provide comparisons to other machines but his story of how it was for him to set up, learn to use, thoroughness of the instructions, what it came with etc., are going to be useful to any other novice contemplating one for themselves. His journey will let others know what they may be in for and that has value.

Rangertrek

Gil, as Pete is right on with his comments, I am trying to give a review of the lathe from a beginner point of view and the experiences of getting to know the equipment and operation. I also want to let others know about the product, assembly, instructions, etc. and not necessarily compare it to other lathes.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f97/delta-lathe-model-46-460-a-58041/

This is a link to my review of the Delta wood lathe. I thought it was pretty good, it has been viewed +10,000 times. It was about the equipment targeted to those who might be interested in a possible purchase. Have a look at it and let me know what I can add as part of the metal lathe review. After all, I was looking for some input when I posted the thread. :)

Top Bottom