New Members (Newbies)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Just wanted to make a comment to all newbies. We constantly get many new members joining and this is a good thing. But I see this too many times and it is not a disparaging remark in any way but it would be nice when you introduce yourself to give us a name, and a little info about yourself, and maybe even tell us how you found us. We are a family oriented site and love seeing new members and also seeing photos of your work or anything else you want to share. And finally please at least after a few days go back and acknowledge in some manner within the thread that you at least seen the welcomes and read them. It is a courteous thing to do. We as members take the time to welcome you so at least a thank you would be nice. I know myself I do not welcome each and everyone because there are so many but the slack gets picked up by others and this goes for each member here. It is a discouraging look when people come here and just introduce themselves or say HI and leave. Never to be heard from again. Maybe they forget they even signed in here who knows. But if you took the time to find us, stay awhile and join in the fun. You will get to know many people here and there is always help on the other side of the keyboard. That is all I wanted to say so have fun.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

My comment was not directed at new members specifically. I often answer questions directed to me never knowing if my answer was seen. Answers to questions from new members, as well as long time members, are often not acknowledged.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
I agree with this too Don. It just common courtesy. Nothing harsh about the statement. We are all here to help each other.

Top Bottom