Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

owlelope

I am just getting into pen turning and I do some other woodworking projects. I would like to make pen boxes for my pens that lift the pen up when you open the box. I searched the web for plans to do this but have not been successful. I know I can buy the boxes but I would like to try making them. can anyone provide plans for these boxes?

Rod in Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome from the North Country, well at least North of you! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I have seen the type of box you are talking about and did a quick search of the Library but nothing came up. I am sure someone will tell you where you can get the plan for it.

Rod, at 4.99 you would be hard pressed to break even in time/materials. The hinge alone is about that. Much less routing out the base and finding the right springs.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=19574 there wood be a price break somewhere there depending on your quantity, you wood have to call though. I have googled all my references and this the best I came up with.

If you are insistent on making your own - at great expense in time and materials I might add - then have at it.

If you need a pattern then buy one from Woodcraft for about $5.00 and take it apart carefully and examine how their supplier does it.

I BET YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT MAKING THEM YOURSELF AFTERWARDS.

Back
Top Bottom