New member in southern Indiana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Philip E

Hello fellow pen turners. My name is Philip and I live in a small town in Southeastern Indiana called Charlestown. I am about 15 miles north of Louisville KY in fact I work in Louisville. I am employed by the US Postal Service and have been for the past 18+ years. I have lived in my current location for just over 11 years now. I have been turning since about 2002 when i got my first lathe a Delta Midi lathe. I have since graduated to a Mustard Monster Powermatic 3520A and love it. I started doing pens a couple of years after i started turning and while they used to be a sideline to my bowl turning, it seem now I do more pen turning and less bowl turning.
I have found more and more I need a source of information and a place to ask questions if I come across situations and am not sure what to do so, here I am. I look forward to interacting with everyone and hope to get a lot of good advice and info.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome fellow Hoosier. This is the best source for pen making info you're gonna find. If you're interested, I can get you added to the member list for the Indy chapter of IAP so you can consider attending a meeting or two. Fell free to PM me and I'll fill in any blanks spaces for you. I know that is a long haul but we have folks from farther away than that who attend and we would sure like to meet you. The next meeting will be in late October or early November, we only meet 3 or 4 times a year. There are about 130 on the member roster and room for lots more so if you come bring a friend. Good to have you on board.
Wood Butcher
Bill Bettag

Welcome Phillip from another turner in southern Indiana, although I am west of you in Jasper. You can learn a lot here and there are some great people with a lot of knowledge.

Mike

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Hello fellow pen turners. My name is Philip and I live in a small town in Southeastern Indiana called Charlestown. I am about 15 miles north of Louisville KY in fact I work in Louisville. I am employed by the US Postal Service and have been for the past 18+ years. I have lived in my current location for just over 11 years now. I have been turning since about 2002 when i got my first lathe a Delta Midi lathe. I have since graduated to a Mustard Monster Powermatic 3520A and love it. I started doing pens a couple of years after i started turning and while they used to be a sideline to my bowl turning, it seem now I do more pen turning and less bowl turning.
I have found more and more I need a source of information and a place to ask questions if I come across situations and am not sure what to do so, here I am. I look forward to interacting with everyone and hope to get a lot of good advice and info.
Welcome from Michigan

Top Bottom