New Member from Hickory, North Carolina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurningPoint

Hello all,

My name is Chip and I just joined the forum.

After 40 years as a hobbyist making custom knives, bowls, furniture and wood carvings, my passion for excellence has evolved into turning pens on the lathe. I have found that this is my niche -- I truly put my soul into every unique item my chisel turns on the lathe. Every pen gets my total concentration and dedication.

Turning pens is my joy and I am eager to learn from and share tips, tricks, and thoughts on the pen making process with all of you.

I just launched a website where I have started selling my pens -- www.TurningPointHandmadePens.com -- if you have any comments or suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks & looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

WOOHOO!

New fella jumpin' right in with a photo of a great pen!

Big welcome from Arkansas!!

Scott (wow, I need some practice) B

theartist07

Welcom Chip, looks like i could learn a few things from you. I'm in Lenoir, just a few miles up the road. I'm sure you'll enjoy this site, i've learned alot here and continue to do so. Some really great people here with all kinds of help if you need it.

A big WELCOM to the mad house!

Jim

76winger

Welcome from Indiana Chip!

I looks like you're off to a great start in pen turning based on what I saw on your web site. I'm sure you past turning experience is serving you well.

ctubbs

Welcome Chip, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex.
Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

TurningPoint

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys -- Scott, Bob, Barry, Dave, Charles, Glenn, Rick & especially from my near-neighbors Jim (in Lenoir) and Rick (in Pilot Mountain). Each of you took the time to make me feel really welcome to this special community, and I really appreciate it. I will remember the feeling when I welcome other new members in the future!

Top Bottom