New Lens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

First picture with my new 50MM 2.8 macro lens that arrived today, only editing was to crop and resize. Think with a little practice I might be able to shoot good enough for my web-site.

200862223842_0.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Keith is this any better? Had my top light behind and to the right of the pen and moved it directly behind now.
Originally posted by VisExp

That's looking great Roy! My only comment would be the lower barrel seems to be better illuminated than the upper barrel.

BTW I really like your signature line. It reminds me of one of our wedding songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTQfERb9HVk

200862231222_11.jpg

gerryr

Is the pen stand sitting on a piece of plate glass on top of some fabric? I fooled around with a 3/8" thick piece of glass and had a terrible time getting rid of the blue/green cast.

TBone

Not Keith and didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express, but the second photo looks better to me. Great looking pen and sharp picture. I thnk some of it is that the lower section has the lighter "flakes" at just the right angle to catch the light. The upper barrel seems to have darker sections at that angle.

OKLAHOMAN

Its on a piece of clear acrylic and I also noticed the blue green cast as the background is white. I didn't do any palying with it in Pisca except resize and crop. Tomorrow I'll play with the lens some more.
Originally posted by gerryr

Is the pen stand sitting on a piece of plate glass on top of some fabric? I fooled around with a 3/8" thick piece of glass and had a terrible time getting rid of the blue/green cast.

gerryr

You need to adjust your white balance. But, the photo looks correctly exposed and it's definitely sharper than what you were getting.

Top Bottom