New kid on the block

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mickey

Mickey

As you can see I'm new here and guess I'm ready for some review of my work. I've been doing pens for about a year and do it strictly as a hobby. I like to do higher end pens and usually give to family or donate for fund raisers. I like to work with interesting materials and am always on the lookout for scraps

The two white pens are of walrus ivory (pre-1972) which I acquired while in Alaska in the early 70s'. The wood pen is Olivewood burl from Israel.

The pen on the left is a Gran Torino in snakewood, center is red acrylic and right is Rattlesnake.

If I'm posting photos wrong please let me know. I read what I could find on the rules.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mickey

There were a few voids that showed up and I just used some of the shaving and a little CA. Worked like a champ.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Very nice! I'm glad you joined and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

OKLAHOMAN

Well done, really like the Walrus and snakewood,your photos are fine except the backdrop in your photos take away from the pens in my never so humble opinion.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very nice work/introduction, Mickey! As an artistic presentation, I like your photos very much. As a photo designed to show details of an individual pen, I find the background too busy.

Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom