New Italian Resins in Lotus x 3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveRoberts

I was there waiting for the UPS guy with chisel in hand, only 1/3 of the 40 new resins from Pedigree woods came in the box, they are trying to cut more and ship late this week, early next. I ordered 240 sticks so they shipped me a bit before the official opening.

These are three (bad pic I know) Lotus pens in their more tradional color patterns.

Steve

2006811201027_validus.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />WOW!!!! OK, so WHEN are they going to open their site for business?

GREAT NEWS!!
I just talked to Karen, she said you can't order thru the site you can call TODAY and they will ship your order next day. Limited colors available at this point 20/40 are ready. Call 1-866-466-9280.

The colors of the three pens displayed above are dark toffee, pearl pinto and calico.

Steve

Kaspar

Very nice. Those bottom two colors don't really do much for me, but that bronze is fantastic! Shoulda put that in the Gold Lotus though.

Some may think the Lotus is overwrought but I am dying to get my hands on one.

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Can you give us an idea price wise? I don't want to be embarrased calling and can't afford it [V][:D][:I]

single stick price is pricey $8.95.
I got the 200 plus price which is $6.45.

I know they are costly but I can say they are worth it. Turns easily, sands without burning and polishes all shiny like x-mas morning snow.

I plan on using them on my better pens, Emperors and above.

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by Kaspar
<br />Yes, I understand, but I'm going to flag it, since they're going to turn it into a full blown website sooner or later, right?

Yes, sooner or later, I have had it flagged for about 90 days when I gave up and called the CEO and insisted he sell me some resins, I get another package on Tuesday.

Steve

chay

Beautiful stuff, but it seems a bit pricey even at+/- $7
Nice looking pens. What is the difference between Italian resin and AA, or casting resin anyway?[:)]

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by chay
<br />Beautiful stuff, but it seems a bit pricey even at+/- $7
Nice looking pens. What is the difference between Italian resin and AA, or casting resin anyway?[:)]

The difference near as I can tell is a: durability, cast resins are fragile, some very fragile. b: exclusivity, there are colors and patterns I haven't seen in AA or Celluloid or Acryluster or Mica Swirl the last two of which are cast poly resins. I have always found AA to be a bit prone to scratching and candidly feel it looks a bit cheaper when finished than a really fine celluloid or now IR.

The blanks these guys sell are oversize and precise. I had no problem drilling for large pens and not even sweating the dimensions. They are 5 3/4 long so a careful trimmer might even be able to get 1.5 pens out of a blank.

I realize that most turners don't do it with sales in mind, so price is a bigger factor but remember I am using these on $50-$70 kits, so a couple of extra $$'s are not really the issue.

I bought 7 1/2" of mammoth ivory (three half blanks) for $225 for special project pens, it is all in the eye of the wallet holder.

Steve

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by Kaspar
<br />Once I see some pictures, I will definitely be getting some of this stuff.

Email me directly and I will be happy to send you the word doc. they sent me with the 40 varieties. Some are cut and ready, more on the way.

Steve

SteveRoberts

I posted the word doc. on my web site as a pen-public service, you will need word to download/read it, sorry I couldn't find a way to make it more direct.

http://www.pocketartpens.com/italianresins.doc

Steve

johncrane

STEVE the new pen blanks look very good your pen are great also. But I think they would cost too much for over seas buyers. I maybe wrong to! when you think about the $$$ we pay for the hi end kits I would do it for custom orders only.

Fangar

I made a .pdf file out of Steves listing. Anyone who needs it, let Steve or myself know.

That is the first company that I have seen that makes a nice Pink, swirl.

Cheers,

Fangar

SteveRoberts

<b>Based on the interest brewing, I am betting a group buy is not far off, the price difference is worth it to me. I am already deciding which colors to add to my existing order before they finish shipping my last box.

Steve</b>

btboone

Steve, do you know if they get sheets of it and cut it to blanks there? I'm interested in some that's twice as wide x 3/4" thick. Great looking stuff.

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by btboone
<br />Steve, do you know if they get sheets of it and cut it to blanks there? I'm interested in some that's twice as wide x 3/4" thick. Great looking stuff.

Yes I do know that they get sheets of it and cut it there, you can call Monday and see if they will accomodate your special size request. They are cutting all week.

Steve

Kaspar

Originally posted by SteveRoberts
<br />I posted the word doc. on my web site as a pen-public service, you will need word to download/read it, sorry I couldn't find a way to make it more direct.

http://www.pocketartpens.com/italianresins.doc

Steve

WOW! I love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom