new ink/acrylic vessels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
thank you for your comments

these are between 9 and 11" tall

The technique is very simple and most people have tried it when they were very young at school. you place an excessive amount of liquid on the surface and using a drinking straw blow it around to create the pattern you want.

Woodguy95

I just love those. Did you use Alumilite white to make the vessel or you bought it and painted on top of it. I hope I would be able to make one as beautiful as yours but I'm afraid I would fail terribly.

bobleibo

Those are simply spectacular. I'd have bet they were hand painted. Very unique style. Like everyone else, so hard to decide which I like best.

Woodguy95

thank you for your comments

Woodguy95: I make the vessels on my lathe with straight grained ash and oak, these are then used as a base to decorate on

Do you put some kind of epoxy finish on the inside so you can put water in it or not. Because I would really see that as an awesome drinking glass.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The technique is very simple and most people have tried it when they were very young at school. you place an excessive amount of liquid on the surface and using a drinking straw blow it around to create the pattern you want.

... YEA RIGHT! :cool: Simple, we all did it, and the Easter Bunny is - Oh, never mind!

Your work is amazing! Those vessels are beautiful! Thank you for posting; now I don't need to go see the Monet exihibit :eek::wink:

Top Bottom