New "Illusion" Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I was asked to cast one of my "Illusion" blanks for a test at work.
I changed a couple things with this one.

I no longer believe the idea of a shelf life on resin. Maybe it has something to do with the way I store it or maybe something else, but I've had this can of resin for over a year along with the catalyst. It poured, gelled, cured, turned, and polished exactly the same as the fresh resin.

The ONLY difference I noticed...
was that it was slightly thicker than the fresh and it had changed color slightly.

Anyway... everyone liked the blank.
It changes colors as it's moved...the colors are purple, blue, teal, green, pink, orange, and gold. It's hard to see in the pics, but if you look close, you can see most of the colors.

Illusion.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drGeek

Your casts are beautiful!!!!!
Will you share your technique?
In any case they are some of the prettiest I've ever seen. Nice job!!

IPD_Mrs

This is BEAUTIFUL. I love the image of the lady standing in the middle of the blank. I just hope she doesn't give birth (unless it's to several more of these blanks - in which case I'd take a few!)

Linda

PaulDoug

Absolutely one of the coolest blanks I've seen in a long, long time! I see the woman and in other pictures it reminds me of the Northern lights.

Phunky_2003

This is BEAUTIFUL. I love the image of the lady standing in the middle of the blank. I just hope she doesn't give birth (unless it's to several more of these blanks - in which case I'd take a few!)

Linda

I was wondering if I was the only one who saw that. Very nice work Dozer those look awesome.

DozerMite

Banned
Thanks for the comments.

These are potentially going to be used by my employer for their products. If they use them, I suspect they will be under some sort of patent protection. They will be shipped all around the world. They are going to announce a new special edition product line, using my casts, at their big show at the end of the year.

Perhaps a few of these will slip out before they are protected??

bad

Ah great Blanks!!! Who is the woman in the center one?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely one of the coolest blanks I've seen in a long, long time! I see the woman and in other pictures it reminds me of the Northern lights.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apperantly DozerMite needs to rethink the name he's given to these blanks. Perhaps another name might be the Rorschach blanks? :)

Top Bottom