New HF and Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Figured Maple Hollow Form. Around 6" (15 cm) tall. Finished with Bush Oil, just buffed. Probably keep it this way and not try to tart it up with a more gloss finish.

Norway Maple Bowl. Around 8" (20 cm) across. Another in my series of experiments with candy colors over metallic bases. Finished outside with EM6000 waterborne lacquer, inside with Bush Oil. The intent of the fade is primarily Blue to Purple, with a hint of green at the rim. The metallic base coat worked better this time by spraying a coat of titanium white first.

Attachments

• Figured Maple Hollow Form 01.jpg
    Figured Maple Hollow Form 01.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Norway Maple CC Bowl 02 combined.jpg
    Norway Maple CC Bowl 02 combined.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 229
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rizaydog

Amazing work on both pieces. The hollow form has a great shape. Very nice curves. The natural wood is fantastic. The bowl is truly stunning. The color on the outside is fantastic with the fading. I like that you left the inside natural. The contrast between them was a great idea. What type of dye did you use?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone

Rizaydog - I always want my turnings to have wood grain showing in their normal orientation. Up till recently, I have used dyes and transparent acrylics which you can see the wood grain through. Recently I have begun to experiment with opaque colors in strategic locations like collars on hollow forms or bottoms of bowls. For this piece, I am using automotive paints, Autoair Candy Colors over Autoair Aluminum Base.

Top Bottom