New "FEATURE"!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Introducing

TURNING TIPS!!!

Yes, video returns!!

Shorter and better.

One of the statistics that is found on YouTube is the "average amount of time watched". As I have looked at the vids I have posted, that number is about 70% of the full length of the video. So, I figure the vids have been too long!!

Now we will introduce a 3 minute format. The first is here:
cebloplast drill-turning tips#1 - YouTube

Please comment!!

I will be making these primarily for the purpose of inserting into Exotics! We hope to build ExoticBlanks into a resource similar to the IAP library. Need an answer to a question, ask Ed @ Exotics!!!

We shall see how this works out---I am looking forward to making lots of short vids. This one took over 10 hours, I expect they will get easier as I make more of them!!

Again, comments for AND AGAINST are requested!!

(The out of focus at the beginning was a result of trying to blow up one frame---I know what I did wrong and will not do it again---but I was too tired of looking at this video to fix it!!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Hi, Ed. I like the video and some comments:
1) Great pen (wink and big grin - really big grin)
2) I've watched your other videos and I guess i don't agree with you on the length. I'd like a bit more detail. A 4 or 5 minute video is definitely, IMHO, too long for a tutorial.
3) Looking forward to #2
4) Great pen (wink and big grin - really big grin)

Thank you for doing this.

John

It looks good Ed. I think in this video the length worked out good. Some other topics depending on what you are doing, 3 minutes might be a little short.

Thanks, Mike

edicehouse

The length of video depends on content. Most of the people that will watch your video are looking for the quick pointers, the "secrets" to doing certain things. There are plenty of videos of turning a full pen (over 10 minute videos). These are awesome. However I see a huge value in doing these videos of just a few minutes long. The long videos do not always some some of the details in the steps. Making this one pen could be 5 - 10 videos 3 minutes each, and cover in great detail. Someone new using this material could watch the first one, take that step, watch the second and so on.

Once again great job!

stonepecker

Lots of great information that can be used in more places then just the one you are showing. Like others have said.....Details are what is important to me.

Information and more of it is what we need. Then we need to go and pratise what you have shown us. Thank you Ed for this and all the vids you have made.

Top Bottom