New CSU catalog

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Woohooo, I finally got one. Granted, it was from Huzzah and not CSUSA but I have one anyway. Checked out the new blanks and don't think I'll buy more than three or four different ones. Some just seem rehashed versions of blanks I already get elsewhere. Also wondering why offer copper if they say the finish will wear quicker than even 10k.

heineda

I got mine last night. It was like being 8 years old, and the Sears Christmas Catalog just arrived!! I want one of those, and one of those, and ....... Wow, could I spend a whole bunch of money there. I think I'm having a visioon of a Robust in my shop somewhere in the future. Maybe 2014, after my son graduates from college (if he makes it in 4 years)? A lot of really nice stuff. Has anyone turned any of the Jr. Retro kits yet? If so, I would love to hear your opinion.

Thanks,
Dan heine

Verne

No new catalog in SE TX yet. Oh well, took from May 4th until yesterday for a purchased pen to get from here to the Chicago area, and it was insured to boot! On the bright side, at least for me, woke up on the right side of the sod this morning. Vern

Randy_

I sent a PM to Eric Dorman @ CSUSA a few days ago and his response was to the effect that they try to wait until they think everyone has received the catalog and update online at that time. I offered the opinion that their policy was not the best and caused some unhappiness. I suggested that the web site should be updated as soon as the first catalogs went in the mail if not before. Whether my comments will have any effect on their future performance remains to be seen. I did advise Eric of this thread so he knows there is some unrest.

johnnycnc

I agree with ya 110%,Randy!!
Thanks for bringing this to their att'n.
Originally posted by Randy_
<br /> I offered the opinion that their policy was not the best and caused some unhappiness. I suggested that the web site should be updated as soon as the first catalogs went in the mail if not before.

Randy_

Originally posted by arioux
<br />.....Nils photo is still in the meet the team section.....[:0]

I emailed them about that a month or two ago......guess their camera must be broken??

Or maybe Nils is only on a sabatical and will be coming back in six months. It would be nice. The new guy doesn't seem to be quite so "involved" as was Nils.

Rudy Vey

Still waiting here, about three weeks ago that it was first posted that they have a new catalog. I even have e-mailed them for one a week or so ago - no answer or catalog.

LanceD

I could't wait any longer so I ordered some of the new Retro Jr Gents and asked them to put a catalog in the box. Three days later my order came in with the new catalog and needless to say my catalog showed up two days later in the mail.

lwalden

I had the same experience!! Ordered two of the new retro Jr's along with a few other small items, asked to include the new catalog, got the package two days later and a second catalog 2 days after that.....[:D]
Originally posted by LanceD
<br />I could't wait any longer so I ordered some of the new Retro Jr Gents and asked them to put a catalog in the box. Three days later my order came in with the new catalog and needless to say my catalog showed up two days later in the mail.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Still don't have mine and I called them more than three weeks ago and asked for one. They are really quick when I order stuff but they seem to be taking their good ole sweet time with my catalog!![xx(]

Gary Max

Just think of all the money they are saveing you folks.
----------or-------------
You would not belive how much that new catalog is going to cost me----------------or
They likes us Hillbillies---got mine last week

TomG

Sorry to say guys but I ordered one last week and it arrived in 4 days. [:I]

Sorry also to say you guys are missing out on some serious eye candy!!![:D][}:)]

Rudy Vey

Still have not received a catalog. Already send twice a request via their website, but they seem to avoid me - don't know why.
Guess Bill gets more business from me.....

Well I guess CSU is protecting me from my bank account by not sending me a new catalogue. Requested another one last month as well. I suppose I can find other places/companies to spend my pennies with...

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I've just recieved mine!!!!!![:D][:D][:D]
Asked for it on the 14th and it was waiting on the door mat when I got home tonight.

You guys just don't appreciate how lucky you are. I'm going to list some common kits and blanks later that will show just how little you have to pay compared to us in UK and the rest of Europe.

Probably the most amazing thing I've found is that some items, like Sorby and Axminster stuff, (which are made here) is cheaper for us to buy from USA instead of just driving to those places and picking it of a shelf.[:(]

With the prices you get and the phenominal service you recieve, I would be very reluctant to source kits from anywhere else.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Here's the problem, Skippy!

In 2007, now, the Pound Sterling buys TWO US Dollars,
July 2006 - 1.82
July 2005 - 1.72
July 2004 - 1.78
July 2003 - 1.54
July 2002 - 1.45
July 2001 - 1.36

So, you see, if the price remained unchanged from 2001, YOU can buy it today for FORTY-SIX PERCENT LESS, than you could then. So, what cost you 10 pounds sterling, now costs 6 pounds, 40 pence.

So, things APPEAR to be CHEAP, to YOU! AND they ARE!!! So, buy American sources, our balance of trade can CERTAINLY USE the HELP!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ed we are digressing a bit, but is the dollar getting weaker or the pound getting stronger? We now pay almost £1 / litre for diesel or unleaded fuel. A pack of 20 cigs will cost you pretty close to £5.
A 'good' wage for a skilled tradesman is about £10 - £12 / hour[:(]

I'm willing to bet that there is very little that we can get for less than you guys.

I was going to list some pen stuff for comparison, but anyone who is interested can check out;

www.craft-supplies.co.uk
www.axminster.co.uk
www.turners-retreat.co.uk
www.rutlands.co.uk

I believe these are our big 4, variety is dismal, quality is mostly 24k with some basic rhodium kits, nothing fancy.[:(]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by skiprat
<br />Ed we are digressing a bit, but is the dollar getting weaker or the pound getting stronger? We now pay almost £1 / litre for diesel or unleaded fuel. A pack of 20 cigs will cost you pretty close to £5.
A 'good' wage for a skilled tradesman is about £10 - £12 / hour[:(]

I'm willing to bet that there is very little that we can get for less than you guys.

I was going to list some pen stuff for comparison, but anyone who is interested can check out;

www.craft-supplies.co.uk
www.axminster.co.uk
www.turners-retreat.co.uk
www.rutlands.co.uk

I believe these are our big 4, variety is dismal, quality is mostly 24k with some basic rhodium kits, nothing fancy.[:(]

Absolutely NO argument there. I used to purchase some stuff from Craft Supply in GB - their selection is now WORSE, they are definitely making pen-turning a second-tier activity. Wasn't familiar with the others.

A couple of you guys ought to get together and buy 100 kits at a time from US suppliers, then split it up when it gets to YOU. Basically, the opposite of what I do with resins - Just a thought!!!

BUY AMERICAN, we need it!!!! WE'RE CHEAP!!! THANK-YOU!!![:)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom