New chap from Northamptonshire,England

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul Mcgrath

Hello every one, be gentle with me i am new to wood turning and pen turning but i find it a great way to relax. There is only so much information you can read from books, so i a here to learn from you all in this craft. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Paul,

If you have the patience to tie flies, this should be right up your alley. We are a big international family, and as such have occasional squabbles. Please expect/ignore your mates here to try you at times, but our family does work together nearly always.

Take some time to visit out library as there are many articles and tutorials there that are most helpful.

Welcome to the IAP.

Welcome from Seattle, I started turning pens as a way to relax and get my mind off of work. It gets my mind off of work but some days when a design is just not coming together I think I need to take up drinking to relax from turning :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Aaah !!! Northamptonshire:biggrin: County of my birth ( Corby )

Welcome aboard Paul. I'm sure you will have fun here:biggrin:

pfarrow032

Paul,

just intro'd too. Born in Southampton, grew up in Ipswich. 6 years RN, and have been in the states over 20 years. It is a fun hobby.

Pete

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome from Japan!

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. While confusing to new turners, it sure helps abbreviate a lot of repetitive typing.

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Acronyms.pdf
Above Link Corrected!

Last edited:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Paul - from southern California. I'm glad you've found this place. Hope to see some of your work from over yon.

pensmyth

Welcome Paul,

I was born at the USAF hospital in Burderop Park, Chisledon (My father was in the Air Force and stationed there). My family is from Northampton. We moved to the states when I was very young and settled in Ohio where my father is from. I went back home in 1964 for a visit and unfortunately its the last time I've been back. Again welcome to the group I look forward to seeing more post from you.

Andy

Top Bottom