New Casting Videos...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grub32

I am uploading some new videos on Casting my Christmas pen blank that I posted here a few weeks ago.

IF you are interested in the process, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/grub32 and watch.

I am also going to be posting a series of movies on finishing wood using a CA glue. That will be coming next week.

Thanks for looking,

Grub32

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Grub32, Went to watch your video and you loose audio about 1:40 into it. It is when you change scenes. I don't think it an issue on my end. Might check it.

flyingmelon

Looks like an interesting project. I don't hear anything after the cut away until the very last second when I hear "later". I tried reloading it twice with the same effect. Not sure what the problem is.

Russ

Tn-Steve

Be advised, your audio kicks out about the 3:30 mark, when you put us on "Hold", and we don't hear a thing until your voiceover "Later" at the closing credits.

Steve

grub32

I have it worked out now...Someone PM'd me and told me that earlier and the fixed version is about 3/4 of the way uploaded. I have 2 and 3 both ready to upload as soon as 1 is finished.

Thanks for the feedback...I would have never caught it. It was working fine on my editing software before I published and loaded it up. I would think it will be good to go in a half hour or so.

Grub32

W3DRM

Ok...Its all fixed...Number 2 is on the way!!

Grub32

Numbers 1 & 2 look great! Now waiting for #3...

Question - why do you pour the PR first and then immerse the wood pieces into it? Am thinking it may be to ensure you don't have any voids (air bubbles).

grub32

I have to say that I like to drive the air bubbles out first. I cant say that it really makes much of a difference one way or another. This is the way I did it the first time, it worked, so I keep going that way.

3 is uploading now.

Thanks for the comments,

Grub32

Grim Spirit

Enjoyed your series on the Christmas pen so far, looking forward to #4. Had previously seen your series on Polyester Resin casting. On your advice I located this site and just joined.

I'm starting to build up my supplies for a small workshop to start some turning.

Keep up the good word.

Grub32, Went to watch your video and you loose audio about 1:40 into it. It is when you change scenes. I don't think it an issue on my end. Might check it.

You may have fixed it by the time I looked, but I had sound all the way through, just some warbling after a bit that made it a little harder to understand, but got most of it.

Good vid.. looked well done.

What is the purpose of using the extra cup? Is that just for overflow or because the first cup doesn't hold quite as much as needed or what>

W3DRM

You may have fixed it by the time I looked, but I had sound all the way through, just some warbling after a bit that made it a little harder to understand, but got most of it.

Good vid.. looked well done.

What is the purpose of using the extra cup? Is that just for overflow or because the first cup doesn't hold quite as much as needed or what>

I think he said he used two cups because they weren't quite big enough to hold all of the resin and be able to mix it easily.

Great videos - just can't wait for part 4 to uploaded!!

grub32

Yeah..I use the other cup because the small cups will hold enough for the pour but then make it tough to mix it well...I need to get some bigger cups. They make the 24 oz variety at Wally World, they are just a lot more exspensive.

Part 4 coming today.

Grub32

Rick_G

Thanks for posting this. It makes casting your own almost look easy. Being retired have to watch the pennies, how does the cost compare to buying pre casted blanks at $4 per blank.

sah6139

Rick
Just did my first casting and I have about $100 in the pressure pot
and I bought some Alumilite so to get my first blank about $125.00.
If i was going to cast just a few I would get one of the members on this board
to do it for me, but if you are like me I'm looking for the next challenge in
the "Hobby" .

steve

grub32

I have probably 250-300 in my casting supplies with all the bells and whistles. I do make a lot of stuff our of PR. You really don't need to have the pressure pot, only if you are going to be adding something into the blank.

I guess it is most beneficial when you need something that you can't find!!

Videos 4 is up and 5 is on the way.

Grub32

Top Bottom