New Addition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

My wife and I have owned goldens for the last 25 years and lots our last two about 2 years ago. We thought our pointer rescue would like a sister, so I picked -up Willow (our first golden female). I used to be a hospice volunteer for many years. I plan to resume this "work" again and train Willow to accompany me. She is 8 weeks old.

Attachments

• Willow- 8 Weeks.JPG
    Willow- 8 Weeks.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

She's a cutie! Goldens have also been my breed of choice since '91, and make great "house ponies" or furry pillows for the little ones when they come to visit.

I' ll also echo Rich, thank you for your Hospice service. That's a rough job, but a blessing for the families that need it.

epigolucky

Congrats! Beautiful puppy. I got my first golden 3 years ago, best pet decision I ever made. We're considering training ours for pet therapy visits.

TonyL

Thank you both. "Funny"..I can't watch sad or violent movies/TV, but the hospice work doesn't bother me. My grandmother (was almost 101 when she passed) did it, and it gave me the idea. My wife is involved with the brain-injured, folks with special needs, and having young school children read to the dogs. Like giving someone a nice pen, it puts a smile on a face...it's good stuff. ttyl :)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Great stuff Tony! I was a "Last Hour Vigil" hospice volunteer a few years back. Very rewarding. The puppy will be a nice addition to your service. A very needed volunteer.

TonyL

Thanks for the nice replies. I hope she enriches and adds depth to the lives of others.

Top Bottom