Need to trade two blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I need a Turquois blank and a PINK blank for two of my Great Grand Daughters. Prefer acrylics and would like them to be opaque as possible. Like a Pink Ivory. Not looking for Trustone. Not looking to have them special made. If you have some on your shelf, that would work for me! Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I can help you with the pink.

I'm not sure about the turquoise -- I've got some stuff that says "emerald" on the label, but it is a lot more blue than piece of "emerald jade" I have. It's one of those "folded velvet" effects -- not a full blown ripple, more like a pearlescent swirl through it.

If you're interested, I can take a photo -- best if I wait till daylight so the colors don't get mangled by the lighting in here.

duncsuss

Chuck -- here's a pic. I included the Jade Green and the Indigo Swirl to give a frame of reference for the 2 in the middle.

The 2 types of Italian Lucite came from ClassicNib, Roy might still have them listed in his store.

The Jade Green came from Woodturningz (probably still listed.)

I don't remember where the "emerald" and pink blanks came from -- pink most likely Woodcraft because it has no label and they usually sell blanks in bags.

IMAG0391.jpg

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Can't help with the blanks Chuck...:redface:

I just wanted to let you know I about fell of my chair when you said GREAT Grand Daughters...!!!! :eek: And they are old enough to use pens??

Wowzer !!:eek:
Don't you guys have TV or something in Indy??

You must have been about 6 when you had your first kid !!:eek::biggrin:

Now don't you EVER say I ONLY insult you....

You da stud, man !!!:biggrin:

stonepecker

Nope Skip. I got to set the record straight.
Chuck is an old fart. And while they are his great grand-daughters........Thankfully they look nothing like him.

And I believe they keep their rooms cleaner then the cave is.
:rolleyes::biggrin:

JohnU

Hey Chuck, I just went through my box of blanks and found these. The two pink are alumilite casts so I don't know how opaque they are and may require some reverse painting. The one bluish solid blank is water pipe, and the others are commercial made blanks. They aren't great but yours if you want them.

Attachments

• blanks.jpg
    blanks.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 98

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

I just wanted to let you know I about fell of my chair when you said GREAT Grand Daughters...!!!! :eek: And they are old enough to use pens??

This is not the response I was expecting from you!!! I was 21 when my first one came along. She made her own reproductive schedule. Her three daughters followed that same schedule and, They aren't finished yet....

Chuck is an old fart. And while they are his great grand-daughters........Thankfully they look nothing like him.

My cave is spotless!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Chuck....you know I was just pulling your leg, right? :wink:
Sometimes my attempts at humour backfire...:redface:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Chuck, I just went through my box of blanks and found these. The two pink are alumilite casts so I don't know how opaque they are and may require some reverse painting. The one bluish solid blank is water pipe, and the others are commercial made blanks. They aren't great but yours if you want them.

John, I like the pink alumilite and the turquois with the black lines. Looks more like turquois. I'll send you a PM. Thank you!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck -- here's a pic. I included the Jade Green and the Indigo Swirl to give a frame of reference for the 2 in the middle.

The 2 types of Italian Lucite came from ClassicNib, Roy might still have them listed in his store.

The Jade Green came from Woodturningz (probably still listed.)

I don't remember where the "emerald" and pink blanks came from -- pink most likely Woodcraft because it has no label and they usually sell blanks in bags.

View attachment 146366
Duncan, thank you so much for your trouble. I think John's blanks are closer to what I'm looking for.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Chuck, I feel really crap for apparently offending you.
Please accept my most sincere apologies. You are one of the last people I would ever deliberately say something knowingly hurtful.

Sorry

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, I feel really crap for apparently offending you.
Please accept my most sincere apologies. You are one of the last people I would ever deliberately say something knowingly hurtful.

Sorry

Steven!!! Relax pal! Keep in mind...I don't have the use of smilies on THIS PC since, DOWNGRADING to Windows 10 IT SUCKS!!! You've NOT offended me at all. Also, I was in kind of a hurry when I replied. We ARE GOOD!!! AND, thanks for going easy on me!!! BIG SMILE!! I was expecting some remark about PINK!!!!

Last edited:

duncsuss

I don't have the use of smilies on THIS PC

Chuck -- just FYI, you can enter most of those smilies by typing regular letters. If you hover your mouse cursor over one of the smiley pix, it should open a little box with the name of the smiley. Then you can just type that string in between : marks, thusly ...

spaces between >> : biggrin :
no spaces >> :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Chuck -- just FYI, you can enter most of those smilies by typing regular letters. If you hover your mouse cursor over one of the smiley pix, it should open a little box with the name of the smiley. Then you can just type that string in between : marks, thusly ...

Thanks Duncan! I'll try that out. :Biggrin: (didn't work)

duncsuss

Maybe it didn't like the capital letter (even though it displays that way in the pop-up box) ...

Biggrin >> :Biggrin:
biggrin >> :biggrin:

(Yes, that appears to be it. :Rolleyes: ... I mean, :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Maybe it didn't like the capital letter (even though it displays that way in the pop-up box) ...

Biggrin >> :Biggrin:
biggrin >> :biggrin:

(Yes, that appears to be it. :Rolleyes: ... I mean, :rolleyes: )
One more time! :biggrin: Hey!!! That WAS it!! Thanks Duncan! :wink::biggrin:

stonepecker

You can teach an old dog.............LOL

And Chuck? Your cave is spotless? Did ServiseMaster charge you much?
I mean, how many days did the girls take to clean it up after the last party? That Ernie leaves such a mess.

rotflmao

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You can teach an old dog.............LOL

And Chuck? Your cave is spotless? Did ServiseMaster charge you much?
I mean, how many days did the girls take to clean it up after the last party? That Ernie leaves such a mess.

rotflmao
Yes...old dogs CAN learn. YOU should know :biggrin: The cave always looked clean to ME! :rolleyes::biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Glad to have read this - I was about to try windows 10 - but then realized that there's nothing that I need windows to do that 7 doesn't already do...
Yes, I'm considering looking into undoing it. I REALLY don't like anything about it. At the time, I thought it was going to eventually be mandatory to have it. It still may be. I don't know. I am using windows 7 on THIS PC. But, changed the one in the house to 10. It changed IE access browser, loading photos. All kinds of things changed. I can click on the icons on this one but, had to have someone like Duncan to, educate me on the Smilies.

duncsuss

Glad to have read this - I was about to try windows 10 - but then realized that there's nothing that I need windows to do that 7 doesn't already do...
Yes, I'm considering looking into undoing it. I REALLY don't like anything about it

If you're thinking of reversing, I'd advise you not to wait. I can't remember how many days the restore-to-Win7 files hang around on your drive, but I know that they will be erased after a certain time elapses.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yes, I'm considering looking into undoing it. I REALLY don't like anything about it

If you're thinking of reversing, I'd advise you not to wait. I can't remember how many days the restore-to-Win7 files hang around on your drive, but I know that they will be erased after a certain time elapses.
Thanks again Duncan. I don't recall the time period either. I had 8.1 on that computer at the time I switched. Will they maintain 8.1 for awhile?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

This is not the response I was expecting from you!!! I was 21 when my first one came along. She made her own reproductive schedule. Her three daughters followed that same schedule and, They aren't finished yet....

My cave is spotless!
And to think I'm 78 had 6 children and have no Great-grandkids yet.

Top Bottom