Need some curly maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from babyblues

babyblues

I'm looking a piece of curly maple about 3" x 3" x 9" for a project totally unrelated to pens, but I thought I'd see if anyone here has stock that large.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I'm looking a piece of curly maple about 3" x 3" x 9" for a project totally unrelated to pens, but I thought I'd see if anyone here has stock that large.

All I have laying around is some curly Black Walnut, but I'm curious now...what you got going on?

Scott (salt shaker?) B

I have some nice curly soft maple but it is most all @ 2-7/8" square and 8-11" long.Prices range a little due to how much curl each blank has,but a 2-7/8" x 9" blank would be $6-8 each.Thank you ,Victor

babyblues

All I have laying around is some curly Black Walnut, but I'm curious now...what you got going on?

Scott (salt shaker?) B

I'm actually going to make a hand plane out of it. I saw an article on it in an issue of ShopNotes and I want to give it a whirl. Lee Valley sells thick iron planes, but the rest is made of wood. They used curly maple and it looked really nice, so I'm gonna go with that too. :)

babyblues

I have some nice curly soft maple but it is most all @ 2-7/8" square and 8-11" long.Prices range a little due to how much curl each blank has,but a 2-7/8" x 9" blank would be $6-8 each.Thank you ,Victor

I really need to start with stock at least 3" square to make sure I have enough material after I cut all of the pieces.

Top Bottom