Need opinions on a feather blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Got this blank from JohnU and can't decide how to orient the feathers. Here are three pictures. It's for a Jr series pen. Someone else has suggested I use it for two pens and use a black PR or a nice dark wood. What say you?

Attachments

• P1010066.jpg
    P1010066.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 168
  • P1010068.jpg
    P1010068.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 180
  • P1010070.jpg
    P1010070.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

What kind of junior are you using it on? Just about any junior I would say use them in the second orientation.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

Guess I'm the odd man out..I think #3 with the left blank as the top barrel. Seems it would flow better.......Unless the tubes are oriented as top on right and bottom on left then I still say #3

JohnU

You know this is the only "Golden Pheasant" jr blank set I've made. I was going to keep it for myself and had extra room in the box, so I had a week moment and sent it off. When I made it I had the 3rd picture in mind but they all look good and like said above, who ever gets it will only know it the way you make it. Good luck!

mick

Thanks guy's you've been great help....I'll keep you posted.
John I'm now afraid to turn it since it's the only one in existance. :befuddled:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks guy's you've been great help....I'll keep you posted.
John I'm now afraid to turn it since it's the only one in existance. :befuddled:

If you're afraid, I will turn it :) I like having the only 1 of things! :wink:

And remember... if you put it on a postable pen, the orientation will be different when you post it anyway.

johncrane

The first one is the best in my eyes if you are going too use a jr kit the gold center band would look better with the lighter colored feathers too the center, and if you used a jr retro it has a black trim band and l think it would also look great with the black rings space out, just my 2 cents worth.

bruce119

Guess I'm the odd man out..I think #3 with the left blank as the top barrel. Seems it would flow better.......Unless the tubes are oriented as top on right and bottom on left then I still say #3

I am with Roy on this #3 for sure. But I would turn them around so the solid was on top with the thiner feathers flow down. I always look at things as they occur in nature. That would be the natural look The heavy solid on top with the lighter feathers floating/hanging down.

Top Bottom