Need dishwasher help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

It is a Kitchenaid. At first the control panels lights were not coming on. Replaced the termal fuse. Now the button lights work. When I push the start button nothing happens. The door latch has continuity. Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

..what the heck, I'll give you my $00.02 worth, got out to eat!
Seriously, it is probably less $$$ to replace than to repair! By the time a technician comes out, minimum 60 to 75$$$$, then the parts and another visit cuz they nearly never have that particular part," I just used the last on yesterday?", buy a new one! Good luck.... Jan

KenV

How old?

If under 5 years, probably worth fixing.

+ 5 years to 8 years it is a gamble.

8 or more just go for new as you will have 1/2 or more the cost of a new one and still have an old dishwasher.

(Seals and motor have been failure piunts for me over the years and always point to replacement).

sbwertz

It has given you ten good years...at about thirty dollars a year. It doesn't owe you anything, and the new ones are more efficient...they use less water and cost less to run and do a better job of cleaning and sanitizing the dishes.

TonyL

Not an answer to your question, buy just returned from Lowes and bought a DW. Mine is 10 years old and not draining all the way. I tried to fix it watching the YouTube videos, but still leaving too much water in it. After 10 years, I thought it was time for a new one.

Rick_G

10 year old kitchen aid is likely worth getting fixed. You can buy a new one and I will be surprised if you get 6 years out of it. The new stuff you buy today appears to be junk, with obsolescence built in. 1 year warranty expires the next day it dies. I have a freezer that is nearly 30 years old. They keep telling me I should junk it and buy a new one. Problem is at the cost of a new "energy efficient" freezer I could likely run this one for another 20 year or more and still be ahead money.

sbwertz

get a dog!!!

Get two dogs. Name one "Soap" and the other "Water". Then you can tell everyone the dishes are as clean as "soap" and "water" can get them.
Sorry, it's an old joke, but I couldn't resist.
Dan

The lady of the house hired a new maid. "Now I want to make sure that when you wash the dishes, you use THREE waters." "Yes ma'am" the maid replied. After a few weeks, she asked the maid again,"Are you using three waters when you wash the dishes?" "Yes ma'am, I am" she replied.

As the lady walked by the kitchen she heard the made calling "Here Three Waters, here Three Waters."

Top Bottom