Need another round of prayers from the collective...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey all,
Last time I asked for a round, my wife was admitted to the hospital on Dec 9 with a blood infection and in pretty bad shape.... all the prayers and good thoughts sent her on the mend pretty quickly, but the doctors felt she need therapy and a rather extended round of antibiotics. They inserted a pick line in her chest just above her right breast... they've been infusing the antibiotic through that since Dec 12.... her last infusion will be Feb 5.... however, she also been having a lot of back pain in her lower back... to the point that she is in tears. Yesterday we did an MRI on the lower back and today the doctor called the nursing center where she was been since Dec 24 that she needs to go back to the hospital for a procedure on her back... a de-compression, and a biopsy of the the vertebrae. I'll try to run her back to the hospital tomorrow... if the roads are clear enough that we can get there... we've had about 1 or 2 inches of snow here today and haven't seen the snow plows down my road yet... don't know what the roads will look like tomorrow.

I'm a south Texas boy and we're not used to driving on snow and ice, so tomorrow will be an experience for me.

She could use another round of your prayers and thoughts.... thanks in advance for all of you guys...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Prayers for her and the family.

As far as driving in the snow.......one thing to remember.......GO SLOW !!!
IF the roads have ice on them........GO SLOWER !!!!!

Drive the speed you feel comfortable to handle the car. There is no rush. Just let the other drivers pass you. Even here in Minnesota.....there are some people that just don't get it.
And if you think that the roads are dry and you can go the speed limit.....Remember that there is something called "Black Ice".

Hope that she gets better soon.

Jim Smith

I really so sorry to hear of your wife's health problems. Please know that I will keep her in my prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

Jim Smith

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Prayers are sent!

Leave a bit early, drive slow, anticipate others not used to snow, BREATH, and you'll get there fine. Snow driving - it's mostly watching out for other inexperienced drivers (they're not evil - just not used to it and frustrated and impatient).

Hope all goes well with wifey... been there, it is "difficult." (I'd use other language in person).

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers.
As for snow and ice, we have that here in Houston today (mostly ice).

Ambidex

prayers and all the best wishes sent Chuck..and like they said..leave early and slow down..from an experienced driver in crappy weather.

An update on the wife... kinda long

Thought I would give my friends here an update on Dianne... after 7 weeks of antibiotics at the nursing center, the infection in her foot has healed, but she was still in lots of pain in her lower back.... we finally got the doctors to order an MRI of her lower back.... That was on Monday Jan 27.... on Tuesday the DR office called the nursing center and wanted her back in the hospital on Wednesday for surgery on Thursday.... at the time they were planning a de-compression of her L4-L5 vertebrae and to take a biopsy of the bone to determine what the infection was.... my wife is on a pretty heavy dose of blood-thinner which evidently the doctor's office had missed... no way they could have done surgery that quickly... she needs to stop the blood thinner for 3-4 days before else she could bleed out.... a quick call to the doctor changed the admission date to Friday- Jan 31.... 'course when we got to the hospital, no one had advised the hospital we were coming, so 6-10 phone calls later finally got that straightened out and she was admitted. She spent the weekend and all day Monday laying flat of her back, keeping as still as possible per the doctor's orders....
After we got settled on Friday, the doctor came by and asked a bunch of questions and talked with us for a good while... he finally said that he didn't feel the de-compression surgery was warranted just yet, but he would do the biopsy. He felt that the pain was more from the infection than anything else...he did say she has a narrowing of the spine at that junction, but until the infection is cured, he didn't want to risk any further trauma. He took the biopsy last night, he took a core of bone and drew blood from the bone and sent half of each to pathology and half to a lab to grow a culture... the culture will take 24-48 hours, so we are in a waiting game again until that comes back.... then likely she will have to go back to a nursing center for another 6-8 weeks on another course of antibiotics... that's provided nothing else is found. It worries me that part of the sample went to pathology, but trying to keep positive. The doctor did say that she has two disadvantages, she's diabetic and she has arthritis in her back, both will slow the immune system and take longer to heal.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and good thoughts.

Top Bottom