Need advice on Ryobi Model # RTS10

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VotTak

This is inexpensive table saw, but that is the one I already have. It is a very basic table saw which does not have decent table, fence is crap etc. But that is the one I have. So I would like to ask for advice. Will it make sense to buy a Diablo 60 teeth blade and make a table slide to be able to use it for cutting blanks, segment them etc. ?
If yes, than which table slide make sense to make? Or maybe some other improvements?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
First you need to measure the miter gauge. Sometimes those bench top models don't have standard size miter gauge and slots. You may need to make your own slides. I had to do this before I used a plastic type cutting board that was just smaller then the depth of the slot. I use it because it won't change size with changes it temp. and humidity.

jttheclockman

This is inexpensive table saw, but that is the one I already have. It is a very basic table saw which does not have decent table, fence is crap etc. But that is the one I have. So I would like to ask for advice. Will it make sense to buy a Diablo 60 teeth blade and make a table slide to be able to use it for cutting blanks, segment them etc. ?
If yes, than which table slide make sense to make? Or maybe some other improvements?
Thanks a lot in advance.

First let me say, you can improve just about any saw with the use of jigs if the saw allows it. What I mean is this. If the saw is poorly made such as runout in the arbor, miter slots not parallel to the blade, underpowered motors and so forth make it more difficult to overcome even with jigs. A tablesaw will take the tedious task of cutting material and make it safer only if you follow safety rules.

Making jigs is always a part of woodworking that gets overlooked and with some manufactured gadgets on the market it takes the fun out of it too. I love to make things that make a task safer and easier. It is a challenge. Anyway there are some good jigs shown in the Library here. You can also google jigs for a tablesaw and get plenty of hits. Here is an example 4 Handy Tablesaw Jigs - The Woodworker's Shop - American Woodworker

As far as the blade goes, Freud makes a fine blade and 40 or 60 tooth blade is fine for what you want to do. I suggest though you buy a thin kerf blade to compensate for material loss and also improve the HP of the motor. The use of zero clearance plates and pushsticks and other safety measures is a must. Work safe and have fun.

VotTak

Dan,
I think it is regular miter in there. In any case I have miter gauge which came with the saw.. which is useless mostly. In any case I will build table sled(s) using hardwood(or something else) to slide.
JohnT,
Would you consider Freud D1060X Diablo 10-Inch 60 Tooth(kerf 0.098) is good enough? or should I look for something different?
No sure how can I "improve the HP of the motor".
Will see if any zero clearance plates will fit. Gotta look for that.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Dan,
I think it is regular miter in there. In any case I have miter gauge which came with the saw.. which is useless mostly. In any case I will build table sled(s) using hardwood(or something else) to slide.
JohnT,
Would you consider Freud D1060X Diablo 10-Inch 60 Tooth(kerf 0.098) is good enough? or should I look for something different?
No sure how can I "improve the HP of the motor".
Will see if any zero clearance plates will fit. Gotta look for that.

Stepan

That blade is fine for what you want to do. It is a great crosscut blade and if you are not planning to do a lot of rip cutting with it in hardwoods it will stand up very well. Freud makes a great line of blades and are reasonably priced.

By improving HP I meant whenever you use a thin kerf blade such as the one mentioned it will help keep the motor from bogging down. You are taking less material away with each turn of the blade thus less HP needed to cut with.

Look forward to seeing some exciting blanks coming out of the shop. Good luck and work safe.

VotTak

I bought Diablo Model # D1060X 10 in. x 60-Tooth Fine Finish Saw Blade and put it on my poor table. What a difference!!! I see that I can use that table saw now! Also in a process of finishing my sled. Looks like this table is not that bad for this purpose.
Thank you very much for help.

dogcatcher

I bought Diablo Model # D1060X 10 in. x 60-Tooth Fine Finish Saw Blade and put it on my poor table. What a difference!!! I see that I can use that table saw now! Also in a process of finishing my sled. Looks like this table is not that bad for this purpose.
Thank you very much for help.

I have been following this thread, wondering how this saw worked out. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom