Mystery Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JustmeinMS

JustmeinMS

Fresh off the lathe. The guy that I purchased the wood blanks from called them "Mystery Wood" meaning he really didn't/couldn't remember what they were. Exhibition Grade Olivewood Burl was his guess. Whatever wood it is, it is stunning on this Bolt Action.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0221_2.jpg
    IMG_0221_2.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 141

GRMiller

I just did 3 slim lines with Olive Wood and crosses for clips. They look very similar in color. I really enjoyed working with the Olive wood. I have some chunks that was sent to me from Ca I am going to have to see if I can make blanks out of any. There not going in the smoker now lol

robutacion

Fresh off the lathe. The guy that I purchased the wood blanks from called them "Mystery Wood" meaning he really didn't/couldn't remember what they were. Exhibition Grade Olivewood Burl was his guess. Whatever wood it is, it is stunning on this Bolt Action.

Yes, I do tend to agree with the blanks seller, it seems to be #21B or even #22B Exhibition grade, both are identical in the burl eyes, a slight difference in the grain. Normally they have the number on the end-grain but, those may have none, not sure...!

Wood like that, will look good in any pen kit you can think of, the Bolt Action kit, is no exception...!

Well done...!

Cheers
George

I guess the one thing we could ask is did it smell like Olive wood. It has a very distinctive smell to it. It smells like an Italian restaurant!

Great looking pens anyway..

Top Bottom