My wood score

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Had a couple of customers stop in my booth week before last and offer me some wood... one fellow said he had a pile of burls... he'd cut a tree that had burls on a bunch of the limbs... he didn't know what kind of tree it was, but didn't want to burn the burls... so I went up last week to see him.. the tree turned out to be an oak and he had a pile of limbs... maybe 30 or so... each limb had a burl ranging in size from about 3" to about 8-10 inches... I loaded as much as my truck would hold... he also had some walnut that had been laying about for a while and tossed that in too.... it's starting to check, but I think I can work around that.

The other customers said he had a couple of cherry logs, so I swung by his place on the way home... he had several logs... I took 5 of them... they're abut 10 inches diameter by about 2-3 feet in length.

Attachments

• new 001.JPG
    new 001.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 151
  • new 002.JPG
    new 002.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 167
  • new 003.JPG
    new 003.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 150
  • new 004.JPG
    new 004.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 144
  • new 006.JPG
    new 006.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 175
  • new 014.JPG
    new 014.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 132
  • new 016.JPG
    new 016.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 147
  • new 017.JPG
    new 017.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Akula

pile of burls......I might have fainted LOL

Going to be a lot of wood around here soon, storms keep pounding everyday it seems. Got more bad stuff headed this way tonight. Tornadoes and funnel clouds already. Dams overflowing and bursting. So much rain over the last week

Cmiles1985

Nice find!

Bill, you're absolutely right. We have had so much foul weather down here in the last month, there are trees down all over! I did see a nice large hackberry a couple streets over. I just don't know if I'm patient enough to wait for it to spalt...

I was watching CNN this morning watching the flooding in Houston... I feel for you guys, but sure am glad I'm not there anymore. I went through Allison about 10 years back... the parking lot at my office (Over near the Budweiser plant) was about 2 feet deep in water, just in the flat parking lot... Market street was high and dry, but I couldn't get on any of the freeways to get home... Beltway 8 was closed on my side of town, I10 had trucks floating, About midnight I finally tried to go home through Duesen park and got stuck at a funeral home over on Garrett street... the water was 18 inches deep in their parking lot, in the street it was waist deep and I wound up sitting in the funeral home with the gentlemen there who were sitting up with a body until about 2 pm the next day when one of my nephews got into the area with his big Dodge dually... I still waded out in water mid thigh deep (I'm 6'1", so you know how deep the water was)... I left Houston the week after Rita blew into Port Arthur... and now I live on a hill.... high up.

Top Bottom