My turn!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Yet ANOTHER tailstock DRO.:biggrin:

I took this off my crosslide. I thought I would use it more but it kind of got in the way and using just the dials works really well, soooo.... YET ANOTHER TDRO!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Everybody else mounted theirs on the front but I wanted it a little more out of the way so I put it on the back.

I made an L bracket out of .050" alum. to mount the slide and I mounted the readout to a flat piece of sheet metal.

:biggrin:Before anybody asks....the locking handle only moves about 1/4 turn so it doesn't hit the readout when tightened.

I never realized how handy this would be, I use it ALOT now that I have it!:wink:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 526
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 521
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

Nice job Rick. That really does keep the front clear. No clearance issues with the compound. Nice clean installation too. The problem, at least with the ones I've done, is that the camlock tailstock handle is always in the way. On my own I was able to put the whole thing on the top because both the TS handle and the quill lock are on the back. And yes, they really are handy to have. I use mine all the time.

Mike

bluwolf

Rick, I forgot to mention that was a simple yet ingenius way to save quill travel and yet still have enough meat in the bracket for mounting hardware.

Mike

OKLAHOMAN

Rick, I've looked and looked and I still can't find that on the 7x14 you sent me. You sure you put the right tail stock on mine?:biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You done good, nice and clean....

Last edited:

rherrell

Thanks guys, I'm glad you approve!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rick, I forgot to mention that was a simple yet ingenius way to save quill travel and yet still have enough meat in the bracket for mounting hardware.

Mike

You caught that, huh Mike? Yeah, I don't have alot of travel as it is so adding another 1/4" was a no brainer.:wink:

Top Bottom