My try at Worthless Wood Cast and Sherbert Swirl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I had a free evening....

_Euro%20Ti%20Spalted%20Sycamore%20Clear%20Red%20PR.jpg

This first one was one of my first few attempts at worthless wood casts. I tried it with spalted sycamore and clear pr tinted with red pearl X. Painted the tubes red to hide the transparency of the pr and finished with several coats of CA. I dont think I had enough red in the mix. Will fix that next time. Black Titanium Euro kit.
9_Classic%20Twist%20JU%20Orange%20Sherbert%20Swirl.jpg

This second pen was supposed to be orange and white. I decided to try mixing oil paint with the pr like suggested from some here. I used a stick and the drill to mix. It did leave some small clumps on the bottom of the mold but that got turned away. I used 5 drops per ounce and it set up very nice and turned very smooth with no chipping or shards to worry about. I wanted it orange and white but obviously didnt wait long enough before I poured so my white ended up yellowish light orange. Rhodium Classic Twist.

All comments welcome, thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Even though you didn't get the mix you wanted the Orange pen turned out wonderful. There is just enough contrast. The WW pen is my fav though. Very nice work.

Top Bottom