my son made me do it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tommyd

tommyd

My son said if I can make bowls and pens I can make him a guitar. So here is my first and only electric guitar. and I was realy suprised when he played it and it realy sounded great:laugh:
The body is african mahogany, the neck is maple and jataboa, the frett board is jatoba,& the pick guard is maple.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 591
  • 018-crop.JPG
    018-crop.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 452
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Holy crap! You make it sound like it was nothing. You must have spent many many hours on that! And it was worth it! WOW!

JohnU

Wow, Ive always wanted to try that, but I would have to make 2, since both of my kids play. I think I'll just hide the computer so they dont see it. Beautiful Job!

rpearson

Outstanding! You no doubt put in many hours for a well worth it project. Just by the woods you chose, its pretty evident you did not opt for kit parts like the fret board and neck. Very well done!

Mikey

Wow, looks great! So how does it hook into the xBox? LOL. Man, I would so have to laminate so many of my pen blanks to do one of those. haha.

Anyway, what everyone else said. Looks fantastic and your descriptions doesn't do it justice.

reddwil

Sounds and looks great. Your son has talent. I made a flying V for a class mate back in high school. 25 years later he still plays it and its still in one peice. Considering How I made, its a miracle.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
What a great piece of work, Tom! And "the kid" has talent. He looks so comfortable with it as he plays. Great job!

Bree

That's a real nice axe! You did a fine job. Your son can be real proud of that guitar methinks.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom