my photo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

I am a little confused. While surfing the photo albums I came across a photo that was one that I took in someone elses photo album. It is a huge Havana Roller ball made with Antler.To be detailed it is made of Carabou antler that I purchased in Alaska. The listing is under NLP main Album Pg.1. I know it is the photo that I took of the pen that I made because it is staged with several antler pieces and 2 other sets of European blanks also turned in antler with my table cloth behind it. Are members allowed to use other members photos as their own?
Elody21

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

I would hope not! Don't worry..our friendly webmaster will get to the bottom of this. NLP1090 appears to be a ghost. No contact or personal information, no postings, only four photos in an album...curiouser and curiouser.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Elody21...I have sent an email to NLP as well as to our site Admin. We will get to the bottom of this and advise you. A simple answer to you question is no, we do not allow posting of photos other than the members own work unless done with permission or by request of the pen turner.

timdaleiden

I don't know what's up with this NLP person, but I am still trying to get Tom McMillan to post his work in my album. He is being very selfish about this. Can anybody talk to him about this? [;)]

Tom McMillan

OK, OK---Tim and Jim---Tim has some well-earned bonus points lately---so, if I make an "ugly pen" for the contest coming up---guess what Tim---I'll acutally let you post it in your album!!! Gee, what are friends for anyway!!! But, I know nothing about the NLP mystery---honest!!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Is this user you're referring to "NLP1090" ? That's not a test album.

I'll contact the person and see what might be up.

Scott

Tim,

What guidelines? Make an ugly pen (if you can). When the contest starts, post a picture and a description, and next week we'll decide who's is the ugliest! And hey, no entering your ugly pen under somebody else's name! ;-)

Scott.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by Scott
<br />Tim,

What guidelines? Make an ugly pen (if you can). Scott.

LOL, Scott, I got a whole closet devoted to ugly pens.

What I meant for guidelines, can we enter more than one? Does it have to be made on a lathe? Someone else mentioned that it should be a usable pen. Stuff like that.

nlp1090

Hello Jeff,

I have bought and Paid for the pens form the artists like: Edgar (Ed) Davidson, Richard Kleinhenz, Alice Call, PenDesigns.Com, John & Julie Jackson (writenatural.com), D. M. Allen (pensbydmallen.com). And there are some more artists.

To these artists I am known as Nitin (Neal) Patel form Chattanooga, TN.

I understand your concerns. I love pens; only thing is I do not turn pens and I do not know how to turn pens. I just love exotic pens. As far as the pictures of the pens on the penturners.org does belong to me.

I have bought and paid for all the pens that are posted on the site. Every time I had a pen made from a pen turner (maker) I had asked them to send me a picture of the finished pen. The pictures are not exactly taken by me but the artist who made the pens for me.

As far as visiting the web site Penturners.org. I love exotic pens and love to look at them. I am not taking someone else’s picture and posting them up on the site. I own each and every pen that is on the site.

I hope this explains the whole situation. I just wanted to show off my collection of pens. If this was in any way wrong to your website penturners.org than I completely understand if you close my account. I hope this explains the whole thing.

Thank you,

NLP1090
Nitin L Patel (Neal Patel)

PenWorks

I know Neal ! [:D] I always wondered how you knew what I was making. Maybe I might just get off my butt and make that special pen you wanted [:D] Happy New Year Neal. Anthony

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by nlp1090
<br />I hope this explains the whole situation. I just wanted to show off my collection of pens. If this was in any way wrong to your website penturners.org than I completely understand if you close my account. I hope this explains the whole thing.
Hi Neal,

That certainly does explain it, and there will be no need to close your account! We appreciate your membership and the support of the craft.

Because of our members' photo albums generally do show their own work, you probably understand why there was some confusion. I wonder if to avoid any confusion about the origin of the pens if you would consider adding something like "Purchased from... (name of turner)" to the photo descriptions?

Thanks for clearing this up!

G

I am chuckling as I read the solution to this mystery and the irony of it.
Elody who turns pens does not have an album finds a pen she did turn in an album that was posted by a pen lover who does not turn pens.
Is this a great thread or WHAT!

nlp1090

I am glad that everythins is cleared up about the confusions about my pen collection. I am really sorry about it.

Anthony,

Thank you very much for considering to make me the pen I want.

Neal

nlp1090

Thank you Anthony. I will be wainting for the picture of the finished pen, that is if you would make me one.
Originally posted by penworks
<br />I know Neal ! [:D] I always wondered how you knew what I was making. Maybe I might just get off my butt and make that special pen you wanted [:D] Happy New Year Neal. Anthony

nlp1090

Jeff,

Take a look at the pictures now, is this what you wnat on the pictures?
Originally posted by jeff
<br />
Originally posted by nlp1090
<br />I hope this explains the whole situation. I just wanted to show off my collection of pens. If this was in any way wrong to your website penturners.org than I completely understand if you close my account. I hope this explains the whole thing.
Hi Neal,

That certainly does explain it, and there will be no need to close your account! We appreciate your membership and the support of the craft.

Because of our members' photo albums generally do show their own work, you probably understand why there was some confusion. I wonder if to avoid any confusion about the origin of the pens if you would consider adding something like "Purchased from... (name of turner)" to the photo descriptions?

Thanks for clearing this up!

G

HMMMM
noticed there aren't any corn cobs in there.
Maybe you could start and album for Elody

nlp1090

I still have some more pen that i own which I have not posted the pictures on this site. Maybe now I will do it. I am proud to own these and proud to show them off.

If I knew how to turn pens than I would definitally post them up as my artistic pen collection which I made. I would post each and every pen that I would make. Too bad I dont know hot to turn pens.

nlp1090

I still do not know how to mover around in this forum stuff. I hope I am posting the reply as I am suppose to be.

Daniel

Neal,
I think your album is great. you also happen to be a real living example of what I ahd fictisiously described in anouther thread. the member that loves our work but has no intention of making pens. thanks for sharing your appreciation with us.

nlp1090

Daniel,

You are welcome, I think all of you pen turners are very good pen artists. I just wish I could turn. I think I will stay with just loving and admiring exotic pens. Besice I love the business I am in now.

Neal

Tom McMillan

I think it's great to have Neal here---and he does have very nice collection of pens there!! I think it's great to have those who admire the work we do observing here/and or posting here. Would be great to get input from those who might have a different perspective than the ones making the pens.

elody21

Thanks for clearing up the matter!
I agree with Jeff that maybe the names of the artists under the pens would clear up any further confusion.

Woodbutcher68

Neal, the only problem with loving pens, then learning to make them yourself, will be a lack of time for other things in life followed by a lack of room to store the pens!

bajacrazy

Wow, as the mystery unravels. This mystery was so good I had to go back and read the posts that I missed since last visited. I think it’s great that someone appreciates the workmanship that went into making these pens. [:D]

jbjwood2000

Hi Neal, While back you had showed interest in a couple of pens. Sorry I had already sold them. Just wanted you to know your e-mail turned what was a rough day into a great day the second I opened it. Thank you! Jeff in Alaska

nlp1090

I want to thank everybody for your very knid remarks. I am glad that everybody understood my situation. This is a greate way to start a morning. Thank you......Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom