My Pens for Troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Lar

Old Lar

I am pleased to contribute something back to the troops that are allowing us to sleep well at night. Two of my sons and a nephew served in Iraq in 2003 & 2004. They came home physically safe with a few issues they have long since put behind them.

This is my first attempt at uploading a picture and my pix do need some work but they will improve with practice. After the thread last week about posting pix, I figured it was my time to try.

I live in central SD and and wanted to use woods and materials that are found locally. From left to right they are: cottonwood; a piece of driftwood bark I pulled out of the Missouri River that runs by our town; plum from my neighbor's tree; elm from my backyard; two pieces of spalted birch firewood; russian olive; Missouri River driftwood; cedar; and sagebrush.

The slims are some that Ed offered a couple weeks ago on a Pens for Troops Special. Thanks Ed.

Attachments

• 10 pens for troops-6-Small.jpg
    10 pens for troops-6-Small.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Nice group of pens, the recipients will enjoy them. I like using local wood as well. I think local wood from back home gives the pens a little extra touch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom