My new toy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yorkie

Delta Unisaw 3hp with 52" Beisemeyer fence.

Replaces my 9 year old Jet contractor saw.

Attachments

• 10846107_10205356399011834_4421308185853598461_n.jpg
    10846107_10205356399011834_4421308185853598461_n.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boz

I have an older Unisaw and it is great. The thing will cut anything you feed it. A friend scored some oak that was laminated to make trailer floors for big rigs. His contractor saw would not cut the planks just bogged down. We took them to my shop and the Delta cut them like butter. When I was working for the museum and we were making display cases and benches the crew I was working with were all afraid of the saw. If they needed wood cut they said that is Mark's saw and get him to cut it. It does have a lot of power and you have to exercise a great degree of caution. I did have a kickback once and it threw a 1x2 piece of wood across the shop and impailed the front door of a cabinet.
Enjoy they are fantastic.

GaryMGg

I have the older Unisaw too and I love it. Passes the nickle test AND the dime test! :biggrin:

I see you're not taking any chances with someone else driving off with it. :wink:

SteveG

In my earlier years (Pre-Bad Back), I was self employed doing custom furniture in a one man shop. And, you guessed it...the Unisaw was right there at the center of the shop. Still have it. Mine is the 3hp model, and would rarely be bogged down by the lumber, and then only when it would pinch the blade due to internal stresses in the wood itself. The best part about the saw is the smoothness of the cut. With the proper blade, the cut surface is extremely smooth and uniform. Have a good time with your new tool (This one is NOT a toy!) Operate with care, as this or any TS is where many shop accidents happen...accidents that for the most part could be avoided. After 56 years of shop work (started at age 8), I still have the proper number of digits, although a couple are scarred a bit:rolleyes:

Lenny

We have an older Powermatic 66 and a newer Delta much like yours. There are many things I like better about the Delta including the on/off switch. I could never get comfortable with the older right tilt Deltas. This one looks sweet!

Top Bottom