my lastest cast, pour to pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

I am slowly learning that this casting stuff can be a bit tricky. I am about 3 1/2 gallons in and this is one of my latest pours. I wish I had took a pick before turning it. I poured grey and white and the I reverse painted it black. I turned it as a closed end (double) and ended up cutting a tenon and making a small cap to hold the clip on. Comments and Crutiques are always welcome. I am in this to learn something with every pen. Thanks for looking.
closedendgrey170.jpg

closedendgrey171.jpg

closedendgrey174.jpg

G1Pens

Looks really good. I need to kick it up and try some of that stuff. You are progressing really fast.

My only comment on this one is that since you reverse painted black I can tell where the tubes end and it becomes solid. Maybe a grey would have been better choice?

Rick_G

Have to agree with Gary on the reverse colour but that's one of those things you can't see until you turn it.
Looks like the ring on the clip is a little smaller than the cap, can't tell how much from the photo but when the closed end didn't work for you I might have tried cutting out the end of the cap so the ring would sit down inside and the button cap sit flush.
I really like the colour mix you ended up with.

Top Bottom