My kind of Jr Gent!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

Yes. All parts are there. Only I decided that I wanted to chance the parts to suit my needs. Remember I don't worry about technical terms so here goes:
All of the parts for the lower barrel are in there. Yes even the lower threads and the end piece that holds the spring. Actually they were all in there when I turned it! Try it....I believe you will be glad you did! :)
Yes the center band with the 3 little rings of decoration is there in the upper barrel. Only I didn't want to see them so I chucked them up and turned it down.
Yes, The piece you see on top is the piece from a JG2 only I chucked it up and made it more to my liking.

I really like this concept and will push it. :)

So....It's a JG2 made from black dyed curly maple.

closed.jpg

closed2.jpg

open1.jpg

As always comments or concerns welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

[:0] I secound that Ron. I really like the design and execution. Wonderfull looking pen.

My only knock on this pen, (and it's not your fault) the front section on the Jr/Baron is just to long and skinny.
This pen would look 100% better with a shorter fatter front section.

PenWorks

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Anthony....Front section? Tell me what you mean please.[:eek:)]

The part you grab and hold to write with. It is out of proportion to the pen. Not just this pen, but all Jr/Barons. It should be shorter and fatter. JMO Pens that come to mind that are the approximate size of the Jr. would be a Parker Doufold and a Pelikan, look at the front section to these pens, that is the way it should be designed. But we are at the mercy of ugly designers.

gerryr

I like it. Very nicely done. You could also make a wood finial to replace the metal, but then you wouldn't be able to use all the parts.[:D]

Ron Mc

Anthony,
I understand exactly what you are saying and agree! I am considering next time to get rid of the "front section" and make my own. [:D]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Great job on the execution !
The mating looks flawless and with and without the CB that is not easy,I know.
AS far as the parts it sounds similar to what needs to be done to a Gent to complete this type of look.
(Except for the big honker end piece on the Gent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom