My hints and tips...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmhoff10500

Hey guys, just though id share some interesting things Ive made to make my life easier in the shop...

PC030135.jpg

I try to keep my blanks organized, and this is my new and updated stash of blanks (thanks to alot of you guys) I have 2 large flat rate boxes more than that that are stored away in a corner for now...

PC030138.jpg

PC030139.jpg

This is my tool holder made out of scrap 2x4's , its strong but also thin enough for the shavings to fall right through it because i put it right under my lathe when i am working.

PC030141.jpg

PC030142.jpg

Just dowels stuck into a 2x4 to organize the tubes i still have to put on a kit, as well as the sets of tubes i have yet to make into a work of art.

PC030143.jpg

PC030144.jpg

Use bolts and nuts to organize your bushings and keep them separate...

PC030146.jpg

Scraps seem to be very useful in my shop... just drill hole in a piece of wood to create a strong and stable stand.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or things that peaked your interest, let me know...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

traderdon55

Thanks for sharing. I have built some things along the same lines for everything but my bushings. Your bolt & nut idea gave me an idea of what to make to store my bushings. THANKS

Mac

Can you come over and do mine for me?
I am not very good at organizing stuff.
All your stuff looks great.
Mine is just in my shop, in the house and under my patio ,should'nt take more than a week or two to organize.

Jmhoff10500

I just made another thing that has saved me time and money:
PC110219.jpg
PC110226.jpg

Its my rig for turning between center. its just a screw chuck with a scrap screwed on it that i converted to a dead center. best of all, i can make it any angle i want and if i accidentally glue my tube to it with ca, it is very forgiving, and can be replaced for cheap (just scraps and a screw chuck from harbor freight)

Top Bottom