My first try at segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SCR0LL3R

SCR0LL3R

It's a real simple style that was inspired from a nice pen I saw around here a few weeks ago. I thought about how i should balance each half of the pen and decided that the mahogany piece should be the same size on both ends, so that's what I went with. The mahogany is paired with maple burl.

I learned at least one valuable lesson.... when making a fountain pen like this, I also have to pay attention to the orientation of the nib in relation to the segmented pattern. Oh well.... I think it still turned out pretty nice.

Attachments

• Maple-burl-mahogany-marquis2-lr.jpg
    Maple-burl-mahogany-marquis2-lr.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Maple-burl-mahogany-marquis-lr.jpg
    Maple-burl-mahogany-marquis-lr.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 129
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

propencity

Well done on the segmentation. I like the blend of the maple and mahogany. Finish looks great; what type of finish?

SCR0LL3R

Well done on the segmentation. I like the blend of the maple and mahogany. Finish looks great; what type of finish?

It's just a CA finish, wet sanded to 1500 grit, polished a few times with HUT polish then buffed with ultra-fine acrylic buffing compound.

I use maple with mahogany a lot when I need contrasting colors on a scroll saw project. It's one of my favorite combinations

Top Bottom