My first try at segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LarrynKy

Here are my first three attempts at segmenting. The pen in the middle was made from blank cutoffs I had lying around. I cut them up a little on my little band saw and then glued them up with Titebond II wood glue and filled the cracks with CA glue. Clamped it up for 24 hours. Drilled it and made the pens. I hadn't found this thread until tonight so thought I would share...

Attachments

• 20130311_220231.jpg
    20130311_220231.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 583
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Welcome to the world of segmenting where the sky is the limit. You have found a few different ways to make a segmented blank and from each I am sure you learned a few things. As you continue to try new things you will continue to open a world of creations. There is so much that can be done with segmentation that I can not understand why more people just do not do it. Thanks for showing and any questions you have along your journey be free to ask them on this forum.

Tom T

Very nice first segment pens. Thank you for sharing them. This site is a great place.
Really good turners here who help with any question.

Tom D

Nice pens! My first try at segmenting ended up in little pieces all over the floor, but it looks like you figured out how to avoid that.[/

Top Bottom