My First Truestone Nouveau

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

Thank you PSI and David Broadwell for the Nouveau Sceptre kit. It is larger than I imagined and has really high quality parts.
Thank you BearToothWoods for the TrueStone blank. I think the TrueStone blanks were made for this kit!

Enjoy and comments always welcome. Photos had a strange pink cast. Guess my white balance was off - oh well.

How do you finish your TrueStone? I think the finish could be better. I sanded to 400 and then used mm pads as usual - buffed and polished.

Martin

Attachments

• ArtisanTrueStone-4.jpg
    ArtisanTrueStone-4.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 161
  • ArtisanTrueStone-1.jpg
    ArtisanTrueStone-1.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 148
  • ArtisanTrueStone-2.jpg
    ArtisanTrueStone-2.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 139
  • ArtisanTrueStone-3.jpg
    ArtisanTrueStone-3.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 123

wiset1

Fantastic work! The Tru-Stone blanks are really awesome to turn and as far as the finish goes...I do pretty much the same thing. I sand up to 600 and then micro sand to 12000 and plastic polish the rest and it presents as a high gloss like the acrylics. Not sure if there's a better way Martin, but it seems to work. Your pen looks great so keep doing what you're doing. The Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre kit is in my opinion the best one he made for PSI. The Art Deco ones have weight to them, but lack the impact of the Sceptre.

omb76

Looks great! That kit and blank were made for each other.

When finishing TruStone (or any type of acrylic), I usually start off with 400 grit, then MM through 12000 taking my time with each grit. Then I use plastic polish to bring out the final shine.

Top Bottom