My first sale!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This is a Gentleman Jr Twist Pen made from dyed box elder burl. After giving my Doctor a nice Statesman pen as a gift last week, one of the girls in the office ordered this one. And she ordered another one for her husband today (same style)in Russian Olive and wants a nice black leather pen pouch for that one. She gave me a twenty dollar deposit without me asking for it just to show her good faith. I was pretty excited by this because I was getting worried about how much money I have invested in pen making and nothing was selling. I made up some color fliers and left one at there office along with some of my business cards, so maybe I'll get a few more calls from that. :)
GentelmensTwistPurpBEB.jpg

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

Where did you find boxelder burl dyed purple? I've seen violet at Ariz. Silh. but don't recall seeing any purple.

PenWorks

Man, I go to the shop to do a little work and miss all the excitment [:D] That is a beautifull pen RT. Nothin wrong with Purple I say [:D] Red, purple, pink, sure lady killers. [:p]

now that your over the hump, it's all downhill, way to go [;)]

Just don't put your picture on the flyer [}:)]

Anthony

WoodChucker

Anthony, did you learn that about the picture the hard way? [:D] Thanks and you have my word, I won't be putting my mug on the flyer.

Bruce, yeper it feels great! [:)]

R.T.

PenWorks

Rt, I haven't change my yellow page picture for my business in ten years. [:)] Hell, I still had hair on my head back then [:D] [:D]

WoodChucker

John, I would have been just as happy selling a slimline, I didn't really care what it was. I just wanted to sell something. I hope this gets things going now and I can keep making them. I mean how many pens can you justify making when you don't even like to write. [:D] Thanks!

Anthony, is that how long you've been making pens, 10 years? No wonder your so good at it. You must see pens in your sleep? [:D]

R.T.

woodpens

That's a beauty! I haven't seen that color BEB either. I am sure it will turn some heads. My little girl is a purple & pink fanatic. She would love it. [:)]

Gary Max

Great looking pen and the photo is sharp.
The pen looks like you outdone yourself---looks perfect.
Why are you using green for a backdrop??

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone!

Gary, when I started making my web page the green background was all I had at the time. And then I got so far that I didn't want to back and redo everything so I just kept it. I know it looks bad here, but go to my web page and see if looks OK there, I think it looks much better with the other colors I used. The next page I'll use another color, but for now I'm stuck with it. http://www.thewoodchucker.com/thewoodchucker/id15.html

R.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom