My first Polaris!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

383220_245227495537323_100001502242963_668511_1623644269_n.jpg

My stepmom had this blank I was interested in playing with. She said I could put it on whatever kit I wanted as long as she kept the pen. Here ya go!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Allan - Nice pen! That blank is a great choice for that pen. Where did it come from? I, too, like the Polaris.

Chris - Learning to install the click mechanism on that pen can be tricky. I didn't care too much for the brass tube that is supplied with the kit for doing that until I got a good pen press (but it is a good measuring tool). I cut a dowel and sanded it down so it just fits in the tube. I tapered the tip of the dowel just a hair so it can be threaded into the "mechanism nut". That makes it easier to insert the nut to just the right depth, which is important for this kit. Also, I normally don't insert the "mechanism nut" all the way to the prescribed depth (I leave the nut a little proud of the top of the tube). I then assemble the click parts and see if it functions right. Might seem like a lot of trouble (it really isn't too bad), but I just don't have issues any more. And it's one of my favorite pens. The styling reminds me of the 1950's/Buck Rogers.

Drstrangefart

Allan - Nice pen! That blank is a great choice for that pen. Where did it come from? I, too, like the Polaris.

Chris - Learning to install the click mechanism on that pen can be tricky. I didn't care too much for the brass tube that is supplied with the kit for doing that until I got a good pen press (but it is a good measuring tool). I cut a dowel and sanded it down so it just fits in the tube. I tapered the tip of the dowel just a hair so it can be threaded into the "mechanism nut". That makes it easier to insert the nut to just the right depth, which is important for this kit. Also, I normally don't insert the "mechanism nut" all the way to the prescribed depth (I leave the nut a little proud of the top of the tube). I then assemble the click parts and see if it functions right. Might seem like a lot of trouble (it really isn't too bad), but I just don't have issues any more. And it's one of my favorite pens. The styling reminds me of the 1950's/Buck Rogers.

Upon asking, it turns out the blank came from Rockler.

Top Bottom